Chapter 2 - Rhode Island

Chapter 2 – Rhode Island

Still in Reid’s pov

Me and Hotch are greeted by Sheriff Connor “hello I’m Sheriff Connor thank you for coming” he shake our hands “hello I’m SSA Hotchner and this is Dr Reid” he nods “please follow me. We have everything set up for you.” He lead us into a secluded part of the station “we would have called you sooner but we thought we were on top of things but after the last murder all connections were lost” he tells us “how do you mean” Hotch asks “well most of our connections were technology based you know how kids are these days. Anyway the day after the last murder we had a power outage and when it came back on everything we had been looking into wasn’t there anymore.” He explains.

I start on the bored putting pictures and crime sense photo’s up I put up a picture of Kenzie when I notice something different “Sheriff Connor when did Kenzie die her hair she was always brunette?” he comes closer “about two months ago. You know I’m her foster parent she was going for a last check up then going to meet some friends for a baby shower when she went missing I got a call when one of her friends said she didn’t come to hers after. That’s when I got the call” me and Hotch are focusing on him “a call” Hotch clarifies “yeah it’s weird none of the others families were contacted but me it was different all the caller said is that she was getting what she deserved and to say goodbye to her because I would never see her or the baby again. He put her on the phone and alls she said was Spencer. I knew you from all the stories she told me every day she would re check the internet for you see what you were up to” he gives a weak smile.

Morgan’s pov

Me and JJ are at Lilly Shearer’s house she is best friends with Mackenzalia I knock on the door and wait a minute before she opens the door “hello I’m Agent Morgan this is Agent Jareau from the FBI we’re here to talk about Mackenzalia Reid” I say while holding up my badge she opens the door wider for us to enter “would you like anything to drink?” she asks “no thank you mam.” She nods and sits down as we do ourselves “when was the last time you saw Mackenzalia” JJ question her “it was about half five she was going to see Alice she couldn’t make it because she had a doctor’s appointment then had to go pick up her little brother. Oh and she hates being called by her full name always said it was a mouthful so it’s Kenzie” she says “what was Kenzie acting like before she left?” I ask her “Happy. Kenzie being Kenzie always forgot the small stuff like nappies and bottles she was going to ask her foster dad to get them for her before she came out of hospital.” She replies we nod “she was always so reckless she always said that living on the dangerous side would get her into deep shit” Lilly chuckles “what do you mean the dangerous side?” I wonder “oh you know small things with big impact like toying with the colleges slut, getting pregnant by someone she used to call “hot stuff” that girl lives life with a little excitement” she softened her face “so your saying you don’t know who the father of her baby is?” JJ asked Lilly nodded “yep let me tell you everyone was on a need to know basis as long as she felt safe she was good and we never questioned it”

Hotch’s pov

My phone started to ring it was Morgan “Yes Morgan” I said “yeah Hotch we just spoke to one of Kenzie’s friend and get this she was seeing someone that her friends knew nothing about all she said is that Kenzie called him hot stuff” he chuckled on the last part “okay come on back” I ended the phone call and went to Sheriff Connor “Sheriff did you know if Kenzie was seeing anyone?” I question “yeah but I don’t know what his name was and to be honest I wasn’t my business Kenzie has live with me for four year and we made a deal as long as she behaves, stays out of trouble and has good grades I won’t but into her personal life unless I think she’s in danger. Since we had that settled it was plain sailing she is nothing but an angel still is after she told me she was pregnant.” He explains “what was she like when she told you” Reid comes in “nervous as hell she was 17 at the time and working to get Valedictorian, she sat me down and told me that she had done a very stupid thing and that she was sorry but not to get upset or ask too many questions by that time I thought she was going to make me arrest her or something that when she told me she was pregnant. That’s when I asked who the father was but she said she didn’t want him to know or get into trouble ever since I’ve been trying to get her to open up.” He finishes

Emily’s pov

We were at the site where Kenzie was last spotted she had gotten a McDonalds before driving off to her friend’s house which she never arrived “okay so she get out goes to order and gets back in” Rossi examines I look around “there are no cameras which means someone can be easily watching her without cameras picking it up or no one suspecting” I finish for him “but why her, this unsub has been taking women with a specific age group but then for the full term he takes a 18 year old it doesn’t make sense” he stresses I think about it “wait. What if Kenzie what the unsubs stressor something about her made him snap.”