♡7♡ Olivier (BWWM)

Start from the beginning

The last item on her list was some much-needed paint thinner. After all, she had a lot of paint to clean up as a result of the amateur she let loose on her house.

Laughing at herself was in order considering she was indeed the culprit who accidentally kicked over the paint bucket creating the huge paint stain waiting at home on her kitchen floor.

When she reached the department and spotted the thinner, Kylin realized it had been placed up just a little bit too high to reach. She was only five-foot-tall and the item she required had been placed a whole foot and a half above her head.

She looked around to find help, but to her dismay, no workers were in sight.

Kylin was within about four or five inches of reaching the can when a husky masculine tone caressed her skin like warm honey. The sexiest sound left her tingling as she made a misstep and nearly broke her neck craning to see who was the source of the divine tone.

"Miss. Uhm, can I help you with that?" It was like music straight from heaven to her ears.

The faulty step lent credence to the sight of Kylin about to hit the floor and embarrass herself to death. It was all that crossed her mind as she made peace with the fact that she would greet the floor at any moment.

Just when the force of the cement floor knocking the air from her lungs should have made its acquaintance with her body, Kylin was lifted into the air by arms that most definitely spent hours on end in the gym.

How in the world were they able to lift a big girl such as herself with ease?

With her eyes sealed tight just in case, she was sure she was lying on the floor fantasizing about the scent of cinnamon, musk, vanilla, sandalwood, and what most likely was honeysuckle. Kylin waited for employees and a sexy stranger to bring her face-to-face with the most embarrassing moment of her life.

Finally, her medium brown eyes opened to find the same camel-colored cable knit sweater and hazel-green eyes he had observed earlier.

Lava set her cheeks ablaze when it hit her that the beautiful stranger was holding her firmly in his arms.

Kylin was sure his smile must have been one hundred and ten percent illegal because nothing that lethal should ever be allowed out in public, all willy-nilly. She was convinced someone might suffer a heart attack after a single glance from him.

"I'm so sorry. Ahhhmmm... thanks for... ahhmm... thank you." She scrambled to untangle herself from his embrace.

Kylin felt his hands slide down her body assessing what was under the oversized t-shirt as he helped her step down to the floor. As a sane-minded person, she didn't jump to any conclusions about their interaction. Maybe her imagination was just playing cold nasty tricks on her.

"It's no problem. I'm just glad I was here for you. It would be a shame for a woman as pretty as you are to hurt yourself." The angelic voice melted in her mind like warm butter. Maybe the warm sensation was due to starvation, or it could be as simple as never expecting to meet Prince Charming in real life.

As she contemplated his words, he reached over her and retrieved the item she nearly broke her neck to grab. Placing it in her left hand, her savior gently handed her a folded piece of paper in her right hand. With that, he turned and made his way back to the front of the store.

Honestly, Kylin temporarily lost her mind as she forced herself to walk to the front of the store as if nothing happened. She hadn't been convinced all was well. Something felt a little bit out of place with the whole scene.

When she reached her condo, Kylin pulled the piece of paper from where it was pushed down in her back pocket. She was far too afraid to open it during her shopping trip despite wondering what was on it.