Chapter 14- Somethings Telling Me That You're The One

Start from the beginning

We waited at the platform for them. 'Hey lovely,' James wrapped his arms around me kissing my head.
'I missed you,' I buried my head further into his chest.
After catching up we decided that Charlotte and Connor needed to do some shopping so they are doing that and James and I are just going to go home and bring their cases back to mine so they didn't need to drag them around the streets.

-

'This is it,' I lead James to the front door and knocked as I forgot my key. My Mum answered the door and we dragged the bags into the hallway and I lead James into the living room. James and I sat on one sofa (not to close and he didn't have his arm around me or anything- I didn't want to scare my parents) and mum and dad sat on the other. It was awkward and quiet no one was speaking. 'Would you like a cup of tea James?' my Mum asked.
'Yes please,' he smiled.
'Lucy dear could you just stick the kettle on?' She asked and I stood up to go to the kitchen.
'One for me and your Dad too,' she added as I walked out. I was scared for James alone with his girlfriend's parents that he hardly knows.

I slowly walked down the hallway with two cups of tea in my hand, as I approached the room I could hear laughter, my Dad's deep chuckle, my Mum's slight giggle and James' infectious laugh that I'd recognise from anywhere. This must mean that it's going okay. I walked in handing my parents the two cups I had. I looked over at James who gave me a reassuring smile, that was like a weight off of my shoulders. I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed the tea for me and James.

We continued making small talk over our teas. 'Are you a footy fan?' My Dad questioned obviously getting his priorities straight.
'I am indeed,' James smiled.
'What team do you support?'
'Man City,' I think James was feeling kind of tense because if he said a team that my Dad hated then...that would be awkward.
'And for that my man I'm going to have to shake your hand,' my Dad leant over to him and shook his hand, 'Did you hear that darling the boy knows his stuff,' he turned to my Mum who rolled her eyes, knowing that my dad would love any guy who can talk about sport especially if they support the same team, he's not used to getting that living with two girls and all- who quite frankly couldn't care less. He has tried to explain the offside rule to us on many occasions, just nod and eventually it'll go away.
'Right I'm going to help james take his stuff upstairs, coming?' I waited for james to follow as he shook my dads hand once again.

I led him into my room and he put his bag down onto the sofa bed in the corner of the room. 'Im just going to go to the toilet,' I left the room. I came back in a James was looking at the baby photos of me on the windowsill. 'Jaaames, don't look at them they are embarrassing,' I said with laughter with a slight tone of annoyed to my voice. I lightly punched his arm.
'You're cute,' he stroked my chin with his thumb and winked. Okay that was hot.
'Ooh what's this?' He walked over to my desk, I wish he would have just stayed were he was. He went to pick up my brown notebook with butterflies on it.
'No don't look in that,' I grabbed the book from his hands.
'Why is it a diary?' He asked.
'Kind of, like a rough diary of days I want to remember but mostly poetry and lyrics that I have wrote,' I blushed.
'I didn't know you wrote songs,' his eyes lit up, 'please play me something, anything.'
'No please don't make me, you're way better than me anyway.'
'Come on, please I'm sure your amazing!'
'Fine, I wrote these lyrics the other day I haven't got much yet but'
'Yeah, yeah that's perfect,' he butted in to stop me rambling and eagerly nodded.
'Okay well here it goes,' I sighed. I hate performing in front of people. I closed my eyes and tried to forget he was there, that proved difficult.

I opened my eyes and started strumming. 'Right,' I stalled again he just rubbed my shoulder encouraging me.
'You just know
Sometimes you feel it in your bones
Though we've heard that hearts could still be wrong
Somethings telling me that you're the one
I just know
Even if I had a heart of stone
You could make it bleed all on your own
You could break it but I hope you won't,' I sang quite quietly. I closed my eyes again not wanting to see his reaction. 'That was amazing, you're amazing,' I heard him say and I opened my eyes.
'Really?' I asked I'm disbelief.
He just nodded, come here he stood up with open arms. 'You need to stop doubting yourself,' he mumbled into my hair and kissed the top of my head then I put my arms around his neck, 'beautiful and talented eh?' He winked laughing slightly.
'Stop, you're the talented one, the singer remember?'
'Stop.' He drew circles on my cheeks with his thumb. He looked up at the ceiling and started humming whilst tapping his foot.
'Urm are you okay?' I asked.
'Oh yeah fine, do you mind?' He picked up my guitar.
'No go for it,' I smiled and sat near him on the bed.
'I started writing this at Tristan's house and I thought what I had would work perfectly with your lyrics,' he said looking down at the guitar lightly strumming.

'I'd burn it down,
I'd light up for you
I'd risk it all
I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl
Than never have your love at all
With only bricks to break my fall
For you I'd risk it all' he sang I wish I could have his confidence but I guess that comes with the years of putting covers on YouTube and playing in front of masses of people. He was right it worked, perfectly like putting a puzzle together, it just fit. There was a part of me that hoped that the lyrics he wrote were about me because I know what I wrote was defiantly about him.

'It works,' he hugged me, 'my baby is such a talented song writer and I didn't even know.'
'You know how much I hate compliments,' I hit his toned chest leaving my hand there.
'Well in that case, you're a beautiful girl with, a beautiful voice, who writes beautiful songs,' he teased me, 'who doesn't know how beautiful she is to me,' he stopped laughing and his mouth turned into a needy half smile as he looked right into my eyes.
'I love you James,' I didn't mean to say it this early on in the relationship- I know up you're not supposed to but it felt right. And I meant it. I didn't even think about it, it kind of just popped out.
'I love you too Lucy, I really do,' he tightened his grip around my waist pulling my in closer, than I already was- somehow. I buried my face into his chest until his thumb grazed my chin once again pulling my face up to meet his. Our lip connected into a sweet kiss which soon deepened and became more passionate.
'Honey dinner is ready!' my Mum called up the stairs.
We pulled our lips apart and rested with our foreheads against each other, just so then I could see his deep blue eyes. We started laughing and giggling for no apparent reason. We stopped laughing and James said, 'I meant what I said.'
'I did too.' And with that we walked downstairs, James wiping his mouth just making sure there was no lipgloss.

------------------------------------
Hi guys thanks for reading,
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and have a great 2015!
Pleaseeee vote! (I beg)
Thanks again!
Katie xxxxx
(Twitter- vampsxsugg)