"Elmer, Romeo, Henry where do you guys want to go?" Katherine asked, pulling her phone out and making sure she could see where Race went.

"I'll go wherever they want to go." Romeo said, not really caring about the rides. He was here for the food and girls only.

"We could go on that Pirates of the Caribbean thing." Elmer suggested and was met with eager nods from the two boys.

"Ok, just please keep together and don't get lost." Jack said to the young boys. He laughed as they nodded and ran of together, Henry jumping on Elmer's back and causing him to stumble.

"How much do ya wanna bet someone'll get lost?" Crutchie said, proudly wearing his Mickey Mouse ears.

Davey just laughed and shook his head. "Someone will get lost." He said and ruffled Les' hair.

"Me and Katherine are going on the teacups." Jack said, tightening his hold on her waist.

"Ok, Crutchie, Les and I will just wander around till we find somewhere we want to go." Davey said, nodding at the couple before they walked further into the crowd.

"Was there a reason you wanted it to just be me and you?" Katherine asked and fiddled with the sleeve of her hoodie.

"Am I not allowed to want time alone with my beautiful girlfriend on her 21st birthday?" Jack asked sweetly, pulling her against his chest and pressing his lips against hers.

Katherine giggled against his lips and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Come on, let's go." She said and grabbed his hand, pulling him through the crowds of thousands and towards the It's a Small World ride.

------------

"So, are you gonna do it?" Davey asked as they walked through the darkened park, towards the castle.

Jack looked over at Katherine, who was taking animatedly with Les and smiled. "Yeah. I am." He said and pulled out the ring box from his pocket. "You think she'll like it?"

Davey took the box and looked at the ring. "She'll love it." He said and handed him back the ring as Race and Spot walked up to them.

"Who'll love what?" Race asked, stealing Spot's hot chocolate and taking a sip.

"I'm going to propose to Katherine." Jack said, feeling his cheeks flush as Race and Spot began cheering. "Quiet down would ya?"

"What's going on?" Katherine asked and turned around sharply, almost smacking Les in the face.

"Nothing." Jack said quickly, pocketing the ring.

"Yeah... ok." She said, not bothering to believe him. She turned back to Les and they continued to walk towards the castle. She'd made sure they got there early so they could stand at the very front and have a great view of the castle.

"I'm going to do it at midnight. When the last firework goes off." Jack whispered into Davey's ear.

"She's gonna love it." Davey said in reassurance, patting Jack's back before quickening his pace to stop Les from climbing one of the lamp posts.

Jack stopped walking and waited for Crutchie too catch up. "You're so slow." He said once Crutchie was limping beside him.

"Haha Jack. Is there anywhere I can sit down?" Crutchie asked as they walked over to Katherine and the rest of the boys.

"Yeah." Katherine said and pointed to the bench next to the wall. "I picked this spot deliberately because its got somewhere to sit." She said, gesturing to where Les and Elmer were nearly asleep on the bench.

The rest of the boys piled around the bench. Crutchie, Elmer, Les and Romeo sitting on it. Finch, Albert, Specs were perched on the railing, their feet on the back of the bench. Race was sitting on the arm of the bench with Spot on his shoulders, leaning against the lamppost. Jack sat on the other arm, with Katherine leaning against him. Davey stood next to Katherine.

-----------

Jack looked over at Katherine as the fireworks exploded. The way her face lit up whenever a firework exploded. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "You enjoying this?" He whispered in her ear.

Katherine nodded, not turning her head away from the explosion of colour in the sky.

Jack smiled at her, leaning his head against her side. He checked his watch, only five more minutes and then he would get down on one knee.

He'd asked Pulitzer a couple of weeks ago. And, Pulitzer being Pulitzer, he'd scared the living daylights out of Jack, but had eventually said yes.

He watched as one of the last fireworks flew into the sky and took a deep breath. He stood up off the bench and knelt down in front of Katherine, whose eyes went wide. "Katherine, I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. And you make me so happy and I hope I make you happy as well. So, what I'm trying to ask is, will you marry me?"

"Yes! God yes I love you so much!" Katherine exclaimed and tears dripping down her face as he slipped the ring onto her finger.

Jack grinned and stood up, picking her up and twirling her around. He buried his head in her shoulder and heard the rest of the boys cheering. "I love you Ace." He whispered against her shoulder.

"I love you too sweetheart." She whispered, pulling away and kissing him. She pulled back and laughed as the boys ran up to give them a hug. She pressed her forehead against Jack's and grinned.

"Happy Birthday Kath." Jack said and was echoed by the rest of the boys.

"Thank you." She said, tightening her hold on Jack and smiling at the boys.