"peter? is that you?" you asked, making him turn to you with a shocked look on his face as he looked at you.

"y-y/n?" he asked, his jaw dropping as he moved closer to you.

you smiled at him as he pulled you in for a tight hug, his touch feeling familiar to you. you let out the breath you were holding as you closed your eyes & held him close, smelling that same cologne he used back in highschool.

"i've missed you so much y/n" he whispered to you, hiding his face in your neck as he blushed lightly.

"i've missed you too parker" you whispered back, holding him a little tighter before pulling away, resting your hands on his chest.

"you still look like the same peter i knew, just a little taller now" you said, staring at his brown eyes that twinkled.

"you look great, you really do. the shorter hair suits you" he said back, a hand coming up to gently touch your hair, making you blush.

"how have you been? we haven't talked on the phone in a while" you asked as you both walked into a corner to have a more intimate conversation.

"i've been doing alright, superhero work is still stressful but it's not too bad because i also work in the lab in the compound besides being... spiderman" he said as he whispered the last part, putting a hand to cover his mouth that inches closer to your ear.

"that's good, i'm really happy for you pete" you said with a small giggle, your chest feeling all mushy as you spoke.

"how have you been? how's your job going?" he asked, curious as he leaned his shoulder against the wall.

"it's been doing okay, some of my co-workers have been on my ass lately about things which is stressing me out because we have a big event coming up in a few weeks, but it's nothing i can't handle" you replied, leaning on the wall as well as you faced him.

"well, i do remember you to be determined & hard working so i think you'll be just fine" peter said which made you smile brightly at him, the familiar butterflies in your stomach started to flutter again.

"so... you with anyone?" he asked a little nervous, slightly biting his lip.

"i haven't been on a date in while... still waiting for mr. right i guess. how bout you?" you said as you brushed some hair behind your ear as you glanced at the ground for a moment.

you already knew your mr. right was peter. you've known that for years but you still have failed to admit it to yourself.

"me too actually, it's kinda hard having a love life while being a superhero" he said with an awkward chuckle, looking almost embarrassed.

"i honestly never expected that, how the hell are you not with someone already? whoever rejected you or whatever is seriously missing out" you said, thinking out loud.

"really now? t-thank you" he said with a smile, feeling flustered from your words.

"i-i um-"

"i thought you were already with someone too ya know? your a real catch y/n" peter said moving a little closer to you.

"that's very sweet of you peter" you replied, moving closer too.

you both stayed quiet for a while after that, just enjoying each-others presence for a while since you've been apart for so long. you both didn't realize how much you missed each-other until tonight, being in front of each-other felt like the last couple years didn't happen & you both were still in highschool.

"do you maybe uh, wanna go out to eat sometime? to catch up some more?" he asked, moving his left hand close to yours while he waited for your reaction.

"really? i'd love that peter" you said, grasping his hand to be in yours, making both of your cheeks blush once more.

"great! thanks great!" he said excited, a little too excited.

you just shook your head at his childish attitude that hasn't changed & pulled him in for another hug, sighing into his chest happily as he kissed your head gently.

"do you wanna go find ned? he told me he was gonna come late & he should be here by now" he asked you, gesturing to the crowds of people away from the two of you.

"yeah, let's go" you replied, giving his hand a squeeze before following his lead, walking through people to find ned.

you couldn't believe the conversation you just had with peter was real & that you were gonna go to dinner soon— maybe you both will finally end up together. because ever since highschool, he was yours & you were his, you just didn't realize it until afterwards. you were so glad you decided to come, because if you didn't this wouldn't have ever happened.

"cause i know that you're mine"