Prologue

Author's Note - I worked really hard on coloring and fixing that picture so please no negative comments. And I really hope you like story and I will like some criticism but please be nice to me it's my first book and i was really nervous to even start a book. Without further ado here you go hope yo u all like it as much as I had making it. And ps. The italics are narrative pov. 🥰😘
    13 year old, Makayla Harrington, is calmly sleeping in her broadway themed room. Before she is rudely woken up by her shouting older brother, Steve.
  "Makayla Get Your Ass Down Here !!" "I'm going to be late !!" Steve shouted from the bathroom.
  "I'm coming don't get your panties in a twist! And stop using so much Farrah Fawcett Spray before you drive Nancy away with your smell of hairspray and sweat." I yell from my bedroom while picking some clothes to wear.[which is a hoodie, Les Mis shirt and jeans]
" Hey dipshit shut up and get dressed" Steve yelled from downstairs.
"Hey! Hey ! No fighting Makayla your going to be late c'mon and eat!!" Our dad exclaimed. "Geez I'm coming!" I yelled back annoyed great way to start the day. As I walked downstairs I saw my father reading the newspaper while mom was cooking and Steve was of course shoving food in his face. "Makayla, Honey why can you never wear dresses?" My mother asked me.

"Maybe because they suck and are uncomfortable?" I replied annoyed while grabbing some cookies. " We are going on another business trip, except  this one we don't know when we will be back, so Steve you're in charge." Our father states. " Great might as well  left me home alone at least I'd survive that." I say while brushing my hair and pushing up my glasses.
" Knock it off  with the attitude! Why couldn't I have a normal daughter?" My mom exclaimed making me teary eyed stating I'm biking to school knowing I will never be good enough. While Steve watches this interaction with disappointment and  anger for our mother treating me this way even though he is still a class A jerk he would never degrade his sister that much.
He mutter "  I'm going go school too" grabbing his keys heading toward the door  "Bye sweetie have a good day !" His mother yelled to him. "Uhuh ok" he replies grimly heading to his red BMW driving away towards school. What a Great start to a horrible day.

Author's Note - hope you guys liked it so far please only constructive criticism please and please give feed on how you like it so far. With luv ❤   -MG