Fluke's Memories I - IX

Start from the beginning

"Let's play again! Play! I will be the Princess and Prem will be my Prince! Brother Fluke is the King and Tayn is the Knight!"

"Why am I the Prince again?! And why are you always the Princess?" Little Prem whined, adding "I want to be the cook! Or the Knight!"

"But the King already has Tayn as his Knight, Prem. And I am a Princess! Auntie said I am a rose, a Princess Rose!" Samantha pouted

"I will be your Knight then, Sammy!" Prem exclaimed innocently and happily.

"Why am I always the King?" Fluke asked, stifling a yawn. He was waken up by his cousin who wants to play with all of them.

"Because you are the oldest and the smartest and the tallest-" Prem started talking but Sammy cut him "And we always follow you and we love you!"

"Alright, alright. Big brother understands." Fluke mumbled, cuddling his pillow and going back to sleep.

"Ah! The King went back to sleep!" Prem exclaimed.

"I saw a caterpillar squirming to the cocoon!! How fascinating!" Fluke exclaimed to Tayn and his father. "Little living things like the caterpillars should be given love too, even though they are at my plants and eat their leaves... but they are just trying to survive! Be a beautiful butterfly, Mr. Caterpillar!" He added, murmuring to the struggling caterpillar.

"Tayn, listen to what Fluke says. Everything in this world must be given with love."

"I know, Sir. I love all of the things you have given to me."

"No, no." Mr. Chantarra laughed. Ruffling Tayn's hair, he said "Do not be materialistic. Do not love things but love the moments, love the time. Pictures and films can be both though, frozen moments turned into things that you can easily look backed on. Now that's what you call a valuable thing." He then laughed at what he said.

"Father, I don't think it's a funny joke. I cannot even point out where the joke is." Fluke said at the side, still watching the cocoon. His father has been telling them jokes to change the 'Uncle is scary' phrase from Samantha. But sadly, Fluke is still too young to understand his father's words and whether his father is joking or not.

"I am not being funny." His father replied, denying what his son just said.

Mr. Chantarra then decided that he must stop making jokes to the children or else his words will forever be questioned by them.

"Sir Fluke! What happened to you?!" Tayn exclaimed after seeing Fluke's clothes full of dirt. "And how did the soil reached your hair?!"

Mr. Chantarra laughed as he ushered Fluke inside the house through the kitchen. His jeans are dirty, but only his jeans. Fluke's father then gave his son a glass of water after washing his hands. "He suddenly dived in the backyard. Though we are supposed to plant flowers in the backyard, not go on swimming in the backyard. But Fluke had fun so it's alright, right?" He asked his son who rapidly nodded his head, smiling wide at him.

Someone cleared their throat and as if a button was pushed in him, Mr. Chantarra scolded, "But look at your clothes! Your mother will get angry at you!" He sneaked a glance at the person who entered the kitchen with a raised brow. He added, "And me. She will get angry at us." Then started walking to his wife, cajoling her. "Hi, dear. Do you want to go outside? Fluke planted a lot today, two beds of your favorite flowers. Do you want to examined it? Hmm?"

Behind the married couple, two children are watching them; one is giggling and the other is confused.

Tayn frowned in confusion, murmuring "Sir really uses different tone with Ma'am."