chapter 1

chapter one:

Cora’s POV

I stretched my arms above my head feeling my body protest with every fiber of its being.. Damn I'm not going to do another all-nighter and a day shift again, ugh this is killing me. Joseph so owes me for this, stupid guy and his amazingly social life. Going on a date and making me take his shift, I thought venomously as I trudged along the bare streets from the hospital I worked at on my way home. I looked down at my watch. It read 1:05 am in faint bluish glow. I sighed and turned right into the dark alley that led to the park that I always cut across to get home faster.

I was halfway through the alley when I saw three figures block the exit from the alley stopping me dead in my tracks. The figures kept coming toward me and when I turned to go back I saw another three figures blocking the way I had just came. Oh shit, I thought as I slipped my purse off my shoulder and wrapped the strap around my hand so I could use it as a weapon. "What the hell do you want," I said trying to sound brave and keep the fear that was raging inside me from showing.

As the figures got closer my fear grew to terror. These weren't your everyday buff human men ready to jump me. No luck isn't that nice to me, I thought as I stared into the eyes of what looked like a bunch of rogue werewolves commonly called moonwalkers.

I went very still assessing my best options of mistakes only to find I was completely blocked in and trapped with six moonwalkers who were going to tear me to pieces. The first to attack was the moonwalker directly in front of me as he was mid shift with claws and fangs extended towards me all I could do was pull my arms up to protect myself and pray for a quick death.

That apparently wasn't needed it turned out. The moon walker was so close I could smell his foul breath when a huge gust of wind came and a huge thunk  was heard like someone getting sacked in a football game. I opened my eyes quickly and saw through my weak guard I had made with my arms a large man,

No that's not a man, brain processed as I noticed the inhuman and speed my savior used as he fought of the moonwalker who had lunged at me. I could hear the other moonwalkers growling and getting closer to me making me turn and scream. This drew the attention of my savior who kicked the closest moonwalker in the stomach and then pulled me too him. He pulled me behind him and up against the wall of the alley as he started fending off each moonwalker that came at him. It felt like I was underwater watching everything in slow motion and all the noise of the fight was muffled to a dull roar.

My savior kicked and fought his way taking all the moonwalkers in a matter of minutes, but not without a few good cuts from his opponents. He then turned to me and I could finally see his face, “Run away before more wolves catch you little Red,” he said in a gruff voice before falling to a knee clutching his side. His heavy breathing broke the silence of the cold night and I went into nurse mode.

“Let me see your side,” I said as I walked so I was in front of him before I kneeled down next to him to get a better look at his side.

“Leave it be. It’s not your concern, he gasped as he held onto his side where I could see, was bleeding heavily. “It is my concern,” I said haughtily as I tried to pull his hand away to get a look at his injury. “Fine at least let me take you back to my place so I can properly care for your injuries. I am a nurse so I heal injuries on a regular basis,” I stated as I extended my hand. “Let me repay you for the times you’ve saved me,” I said staring into his blue eyes.

He shook his tussled blond hair before saying, “All right,” and grabbed my hand to pull himself up. “fine, little Red,” he said as he put his arm around my shoulder to lean a portion of his weight on me while holding his side.