a quick beef with the mcu

This is an author's note -
One of my biggest problems with Endgame is that Steve went back for Peggy.
It's not about who I thought he should've ended up with, it's about the improbability of it all. Steve Rogers never properly grieved. As a child, we're supposed to learn that the best way to deal with death is to accept it and look it in the eye. Steve doesn't do that. He watches Peggy die, and the first chance he gets, he goes back to her.
In this alternate timeline that he opens up, what happens to Bucky? Who saves him from the Winter Soldier? What about the Avengers? During Loki's attack, Steve would've been like 90, since we see that he ages. I understand that he can't alter the timeline that he already lived, but the Ancient One would've had a fit if she saw him go back and make such a drastic change.
All this to say that I think going back in time to be with Peggy was an extremely selfish move on Cap's part. This contrasts greatly with his character, as we all know Steve to be a morale compass to his friends and teammates.

Anyway, about this story.
This is a fic about acceptance, since it's very important to me as a person. I'm posting it once it's complete.
We'll call this the official start date - july 11th, 2020.