Chapter 1

A/n: hello my fellow readers here is the first chapter to this story I hope you guys enjoy now let the chapter begin.

3rd pov

in a house on a hill a man runs up to the house in a hurry and starts yelling out to who ever was in the hous.

man: hey! Link! Y/n! you there?

a young man with blonde hair comes to the window at the vary top of the house looking at the man who was calling him.

man: hey you two mind helpin' me herd the goats? they ain't listenin' to me lately!

the young man named Link nods to him and leaves the window and makes his way down to see another man around his age with h/c hair and e/c eyes polishing his great sword. this young man is named Y/n him and Link were both good friends since they were kids once Y/n heard foot steps coming down to look and see Link.

Y/n: hey Link what's up? someone needs us?

Link: *nods*

A/n: since Link is a character known to be silent so he will either nod or shake his head.

Y/n: well lead the way.

Y/n puts his greatsword aside and follows Link out of the house and walk up to the man who was waiting outside.

man: come on now hurry on up an' bring Epona with you.

Y/n: actually now that you mention it where is Epona?

Link: *shrugs his shoulders with a not sure look*

Link and Y/n head to a path on the right of the house that leads to a spring. as the two make their way down the path towards the spring they turn to see Epona and a girl with brown hair walking up to Epona and place her and on the horse's mussel. the girl then turns to her right to see both Y/n and Link.

girl: oh hi Link and Y/n. I washed Epona for you Link!

Link: *smiles and nods*

Y/n: thanks Ilia you didn't have to do that.

Ilia: it's no trouble at all. Epona works really hard so I thought she deserved a treat! oh but listen Link....could you do something for me? can you use a piece of grass to play a song for me? you know the one that Epona likes?

Link nods to her and walks over the nearby piece of grass and plucks it off. he then starts to blow on it like a whistle making a siren sound which makes Epona run to Link and stops in front of him.

Ilia: it's such a nice melody....Epona looks happy. well, she's all prettied up now so I suppose you can ride her back. but don't you make her do too much, ok?

Link: *nods*

Y/n: yeah you can count on us.

Link then goes and mounts on Epona while Y/n goes on foot since he is fast enough to keep up with Epona. as the two got back to the house but then took the other path leading to their home village Ordon where some of the villagers are out and about including a man practicing with his sword near the river. as Y/n and Link walk down the village greeting as a woman told them to head to the ranch to help with the goats, but just before they talked to the man practicing with his sword near the river.

man: ah Link! Y/n! there is something I had forgotten to tell you. my son Colin is making a fishing rod so the three of you can play together. he should finish it today, so you two come get it at the house tomorrow.

Link: *smiles and nods*

Y/n: you got it old man we enjoy the kid's company.

man: *hits Y/n in the head* and what did I say about respecting your other?