𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Jacob," Her mother said quietly directed towards her father.

"No this girl needs to grow up and learn responsibility." he said as Reese backed away from him slowly. "You are worthless without us. So if you want to survive in this world respect your parents and for the love of god please just keep good friends, I don't wanna have to hear that you were with some dirty Pogues." Her father said scolding the girl.

"How did you know that?" Reese said shocked by his statement.

"What?" he asked.

"The Pogues. Who told you I was with them?" Reese spat now angry.

"That Cameron boy." Her father said as Reese turned away and ran to her car. She could hear her mother call after her but she was fuming and needed to get to Rafe Cameron right now.

As she arrived back at Tannyhill she noticed Rafe's bike was missing but John B's van was there. She walked towards the white fancy house as Sarah walked out of the door.

"Reese?" she asked looking at the girl.

"Hey, is your brother here?" Reese asked looking around.

"No he went out with Topper somewhere." Sarah said as she grabbed Reese's hand. "Are you okay babe?" she asked. seeing the red splotches around Reese's face the wetness of her tears.

"I-" Reese said a sob aching in her throat, Reese broke down for a minute explaining to Sarah what happened but lying about the details of the Pogue adventure and leaving out the JJ moment. The two walked on the dock as John B turned the corner walking shortly pass the two girls.

"Hey, John B." Sarah said as John swiftly walked past ignoring her. "I'm... I'm sorry, that's it?" Sarah responded shocked as John stopped turning his body towards the two girls. "Not a, 'Hey, how you doin'?'Or 'kiss my ass'?" she said as Reese laughed quietly John B walked towards the girl getting dangerously close.

"Your secret's safe with me'?" John asked. Reese stood confused at the two and what they were talking about.

"What secret are..." Sarah said thinking "Oh, that secret." Sarah said laughing.

"I just got fired because of you." John said turning towards Sarah "God, maybe it was you." John said turning towards Reese. "And I know that the two of you can't imagine that, but some people need jobs so that they can eat." John said as he slapped the popcorn out of Sarah's hands.

"What the fuck?" Sarah yelled.

"You are exactly who I thought you were, Sarah Cameron." John said heading back towards the girls "And Reese, we don't need your fucking charity."

"Asshole." Sarah shouted after him.

"What the fuck?" Reese said looking towards Sarah as they both stood confused. Once Sarah and Reese had discussed John's outburst Reese overheard Rafe's bike in the driveway and all the sudden the anger that had pushed away rekindled its flame.

"RC!" Rafe said as the girl angrily walked towards him. She quickly walked up to him smacking him across the face. Rafe quickly grabbed his cheek rubbing the area she'd hit. Reese grabbed him by his collar and pulled him behind the house pushing him against the wall. "Reese what the fu-" he said.

"No, no shut up." Reese said cutting him off "Look Rafe I get it you wanna protect me but you do not have a place telling my father where I am." Reese seethed tears coming back to her eyes as she remembered the conversation.

"R-"

"No" she cut him off again. "You don't understand how my father treats me, the unreal expectations and perfection he begs for. So you telling him that just pushed him over the edge." Reese said now letting the tears fall.

"Did he hurt you?" Rafe asked inching closer to the girl.

"No." she said quietly. It's not like he never hit the girl before he had, it just wasn't that his physicality hurt anymore it was the words. 'You're worthless' echoed over and over again in her head. She caught her sob in her throat trying to push it away. Rafe watched the girl crumble before him as his heart was pulled in her direction he took the girl in his arms.

"No, no." she said pushing him away. "I'm fine. I'm-" she said as her knees buckled before her Rafe catching her and holding her against him. "I'm-I'm still mad at you." she said between sobs.

"Okay just let me hold you." Rafe said pulling her closer. "You're okay." he said running his hands through her hair. And the two sat like that as Reese cried and Rafe held her whispering to her softly.

_______________



hehe ready for some kook
content next chapter

sorry this was probably
boring as hell
but i needed to develop
reese some more

(1222)