Deuce x Reader-Ex's and Oh's☁️

"I need your help."

    (Y/N) stroked Grim softly, eyeing Deuce with a confused expression. The blue-haired student had only just sat down and he already had screwed something up. Not that she was surprised.

    "Please tell me you didn't sign a contract with Azul again." she sighed.

    "This is worse." he said.

    "Well, now I'm curious too." Ace said, leaning closer to Deuce.

    "My ex-girlfriend invited me to her older brother's wedding." he explained. "(Y/N), please pretend to be my girlfriend! I'll do anything!" (Y/N)'s face turned bright red and she began stuttering.

    "Wh-what? Why do you need me to pretend to be your girlfriend?" she asked.

    "Because!" Deuce cried out. "If she sees that I don't come with a date, she'll think I'm still not over her, and I don't want that. Please, please, I'll do anything you want." (Y/N) had to admit, going to a wedding with Deuce on her arm sounded promising, even if they were just pretending. She sighed.

    "Fine."

    "Really?" Ace and Deuce both said, though their tones were wildly different.

    "But you seriously owe me, you got that?" she said. Deuce nodded, grabbing her hands.

    "You're a lifesaver." he smiled and she couldn't help but return it.

~

    The wedding was a small event, family and close friends, so how Deuce got invited, she'd never know. She felt bad wearing black to a wedding, and obviously she wasn't going to wear white, so she settled for a navy blue dress that fell loosely down to her knees. Deuce was in a matching navy blue jacket and they walked arm in arm into the small pavilion. Instantly a little girl came rushing over and Deuce scooped her up into her arms.

    "Deucey!" the girl giggled as he spun her around.

    "Who's this?" (Y/N) smiled.

    "This is Agatha's little sister." he explained, Agatha being his ex. "Abigail, this is my girlfriend, (Y/N)." Though she hated to admit it, she liked the way it sounded to be called his girlfriend.

    "Nice to meet you, Abigail." she said and Abigail grinned widely at her. Then she began to squirm, so Deuce set her down. She took off in the direction of the newly arrived guests.

    "Deucey?" (Y/N) teased, nudging Deuce with her elbow. He blushed.

    "Oh, hush." he said, which made her laugh. They made the rounds, saying hello to everyone in attendance. They even stopped to say hi to Agatha, who turned out to be a pleasant girl. Then came the ceremony and after the reception. (Y/N) had taken refuge at one of the back tables when Deuce appeared like a knight in shining armor, holding a glass of water. "Thought you might be thirsty." he said. She took the cup, grateful.

    "So," she said after a moment, "I've been meaning to ask. How come you and Agatha broke up?"

    "Oh, that." he sighed. "We were going to schools pretty far apart and weren't up for a long distance relationship, so..." He finished his sentence there and (Y/N) nodded along.

    "You still have feelings for her?" she asked, even though she knew it was none of her business. But, she was the tiniest bit curious. Deuce bit his lip.

    "...No." he said after a minute.

    "Why the hesitation?" She took a sip of her water, watching him flush.

"I, uh, well." he stuttered, then he let out a deep sigh. "I just realized I might have feelings for someone else." (Y/N) smiled at this, ignoring the small pang in her heart. It was nice to play his girlfriend for a day, but she wouldn't stand in the way of him and his future, real significant other.

"Then why didn't you ask them to be your date for the wedding?" she asked, teasingly. He finally looked her in the eye, a deep blush spread across his cheeks.

"I did."

(Y/N) froze, unsure of how to react. Deuce looked away, clearly embarrassed, and he coughed. "Just forget I said anything." Suddenly panicked, she said the first thing that came to mind.

"No." He looked back at her, more confused than anything.

"No?" he repeated. She shook her head.

"I don't want to forget." she explained. She placed her hand on top of his. "I mean, Deuce you're probably the most amazing boy I've ever met. And, I would be really happy to be your real girlfriend, not just your pretend one." She bit her lip and added, "If that's ok."

All of his anxiety melted away from his face and he placed his hand on her cheek. "There's nothing I would want more." he said. (Y/N) smiled, widely. She leaned in and so did he but before their lips met, a squeaky voice cried out.

"Ew! (Y/N) and Deucey are in love!" Abigail pointed to them with a chocolate covered finger. (Y/N)'s face burst into twenty shades of red and she buried it into Deuce's neck. He wrapped his arms around her protectively, laughing off the embarrassment.

"Abigail ruined the moment." (Y/N) muttered into him. He rubbed her back soothingly.

"Just a little it." he responded. She could practically see him smiling despite her gaze being turned downwards. "Let's try that kiss again when we have a more private moment."