"I'm trying, sir."

They heard a noise behind them, and saw three gigantic wolves, all bigger than horses, get closer to them. Jace glanced around and saw, even more, coming out of the woods, and so he instinctively said loud enough to be heard,

"We're sorry. We didn't mean to kill it!"

The wolves stopped, mere meters away from them, and four hooded figures appeared before them, all lead by the redhead. She looked at them, and then settled her eyes on Jace,

"Are they your children?"

"What? No." It was quite funny to think that any of his team members could be his child. Valentine was ten years older than him, Izzy the same age as him, and Meliorn was a hundred years older than him (the fact that he was a Jaffa, an alien gave him a life longer than normal humans).

The redhead shook her head and explained, "In that case, Jace Wayland, you cannot take responsibility for their actions. They have stolen and they have murdered. In olden days, this was punishable by death. However, we are have changed our ways since then."

A murmured echoed behind her, and Jace knew that the hooded figures were deliberating for their crimes.

"Don't we get a trial?" Valentine asked with cheek, and Jace turned his head to silently tell him to shut up and let him handle this.

"A trial? Why? Did you not commit murder?" Asked one of the hooded figures.

"On a bug?"

The redhead raised her hand to intimate silence from both the figures and Valentine, and Jace saw this as his chance to preach their case again, starting from a right foot.

"What's your name. I told you mine."

"You may call me Clary."

"Well, Clary, what are our crimes?"

"This one murdered. And this one stole." She pointed at Clary. Then she looked at both Meliorn and Jace and said, "You and the Jaffa can leave, and never return."

"Wait, how do you know about Jaffa?"

There was a murmur between the hooded figures, and Clary explained, "Many moons ago when this planet was still forming, we encountered the Goa'Uld. Just like they did for the humans, they tried to take us as host. But we have our ways. Our bodies killed the parasites, and the Goa-Ulds tried to eradicate us. We have been playing dead since then."

"That's it! We're not trying to steal your plants! The plants are deadly to the Goa'Ulds. We're trying to get rid of this plague in our galaxy."

Clary listened to the hush sound of the hooded figures, though she still had this patronising smile on her face. Jace hoped that maybe, they would be able to form an alliance with those people. Even if they didn't have any technology to share, they were clearly more advanced than them.

"The Council says that, though they do not approve of the theft and the barbaric way you took the plants, they understand that you are still children. The plants are worthless. They are just part of the circle of life. You can take it, it will not help you in the long term. however, the murderer must atone for his crime."

"It was a bug!" Valentine exclaimed again, and Clary blinked, looking back at Jace.

"Tell me, Jace Wayland, do humans of Earth no longer breed?"

"Eh ... well ... yes, we do."

"So you still conceive children?"

"Yes."

"And when those children make a mistake, do you hold them accountable?"

"Yes?"

"It goes the same for us. N many ways, you are still just children to us. We in fact used to live together in harmony, aeons ago, and you called us spirits then. A very few of us are still living on Earth. But the matter is, even if humans still do not value the life of an animal as much as they value theirs when they come to our world, they should abide by our rules."

Jace heard Valentine open his mouth, and he turned to intimidate into silence. Then he argued his case, "I agree. But how can we abide by rules we don't know. You were there when we arrived, and you didn't tell us anything. If we are children as you say, we are bound to make mistakes if no one shows us the right path."

Another murmur echoed behind Clary and she nodded, before relating what has been said, "You are correct, Jace Wayland. The council has decided that this one should make a contribution to our ecosystem. Once a year, he shall come back take care of the tree he has planted."

"Planted?"

"When our 'bugs' die an unnatural death, a tree grows out of them, so they can have a second chance in life. One that will be less harsh and more resilient."

Jace turned to Valentine, who nodded, though he was pretty sure Valentine did not intend on coming back to this planet. And though he didn't like the idea of lying, Jace knew it was their only way to get out of the planet. So he agreed to it.

Clary smiled and turned to pet one of the giant wolves. "Grely and I will accompany you back to Earth, to make sure that you hold to your word. Maybe you could tell me what we missed about the Goa'Uld domination then."

"You want to bring your pet?" Valentine asked, looking at the beast from head to paw.

"He will be no bother. You will not even see him."

And just as she said so, they all disappeared. The council, the wolves and the oppressing atmosphere that had been on them. Clary smiled again, waiting for them to dial home, and Jace smiled at her, hoping that they would be able to learn a lot from each other. And who knew, maybe it could lead to something more ...

.~°~. .~°~. .~°~.

💚Your thoughts and opinions are always welcomed💚

💚 So, it is a bit odd, I admit, but I liked it. And yeah, I totally went vegan power here, haha

💚 By the way, who watched Stargate growing up, and who was your favourite character?

💚Well, let me know what you thought of this one-shot. What was your favourite part?

💚‼️💚 The updates of the week are 💚‼️💚

- Road Trippin, FSOG version (daily)

- The Nanny, FSOG story (chap 11)

- Second Chances, TMI story (chap 12)

- Stargate, TMI one-shot (COMPLETE)

- No Strings Attached, FSOG two-shot (part 1)

- The Daddy story, TMI & FSOG version (chap 15)

💚 Cassandra Clare owns the names of the characters from the Mortal Instruments franchise. I do not own either the idea of the Stargate Universe. Everything else is mine.

Love, Mina💚💚💚