Jace was more interesting on waiting for Valentine to return and see if he had found any civilisation. Izzy was a doctor of science, he was a doctor of history. This was what drew him the Stargate program, and ultimately, this was the reason he went through the gate each and every time. To discover new cultures and civilisations.

But when Valentine came back, he disappointed Jace, "No sign of habitation anywhere. The Natives don't want to be found, and I don't think they would have anything to share with us. That girl looked pretty primitive. She wasn't wearing shoes."

Jace rolled his eyes, knowing that Valentine just had this little touch of humour to hide his discomfort. They had known each other the longest and had already saved the Earth together a couple of times. And now, Jace could tell that Valentine hadn't been convinced by that optical illusion Izzy had mentioned. They had seen much less believable over the years, but Izzy always came up with some logical explanation that hurt their brains.

They camped for the night, and Valentine marvelled at the stars. This was probably the thing they had the most in common Jace and him. Looking at the stars. It was amazing to always look at a different sky on each planet, it always left Jace in awe.

Though this time, they were bothered by some kind of much that looked like a firefly, only it was bigger. At some point, one of them got on Valentine's skin, and he swatted it away, the same way he would have done with a mosquito, and two things happened at once.

The bug fell on the floor, devoid of life and no longer shining light, and the camp where they were became instantly silent. Even the wind seemed to no longer exist. For a long minute, the four-team members looked at each other, before a screeching howl echoed in the night. Valentine immediately got up on his feet, his weapon at the ready, and the howl multiplied, echoing louder and louder around them.

"I suggest we get the hell out of dodge. Sounds fishy to me."

"Indeed," Meliorn agreed, and they all packed up, hurrying to the Stargate.

What they did not expect was to find the girl standing in the ring, preventing them from dealing home, unless they wanted to kill her in the process. Once again, she rose her hand, though this time, under the moonlights she seemed more terrible. Terrifying even.

As soon as she closed her fist, the howling stopped, and Jace knew at that right moment that the girl and her people were not as primitive as Valentine thought. In fact, he was pretty sure that they had been observed ever since she left them earlier. The redhead looked at them, and when Valentine took a step in her direction, his hands still on his weapon, she rose an eyebrow at him, challenging him to go any further.

"You cannot leave," She spoke with a soft voice as if just talking about the weather.

"So you speak. And why not?" Valentine questioned, though Jace wished he hadn't. Sometimes, Valentine thought too much like a military man, and not enough like a humanitarian.

"A criminal cannot be left to wander, if he has not repented for his crime."

Valentine rolled his eyes and turned to his team, ordering Izzy to start dialling, "Lightwood dial us home. She will move in time."

The girl had a patronising smile, before turning her back on them, and simmering away. The three men turned to Izzy who was just as confused as them. "Well, Major? Was that an optical illusion as well?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Valentine, you don't think this has anything to do with the bug, do you?" Jace asked, and Valentine rolled his eyes, pointing out,

"It's a bug, Jace. A bug. If I have to be trialled for every bug I killed, I'd be long dead by now. Lightwood, dial us home."

Izzy pressed the seven chevrons that would connect them back to earth, but the connection never occurred. Which made Valentine start to lose his patience. "Today, Lightwood!"