'This is a hunch, but I have a feeling that Hairo did better than Kaidou.' Saiki thought, uninterested in whatever they were talking about, but still listening to the conversation.

''Yeah, I didn't study for it at all, either.'' Nendou said, popping in out of nowhere.

'Shocker.'

''You're such a carefree guy, Nendou! Hey, speaking of results,'' Hairo said, as he turned around. ''[L/N], how did you do on the test? Did you study for it?'' He pointed at [Y/N].

''Eh?'' [Y/N] looked up from the book she was reading, then looked around. Remembering that her last name is [L/N], she looked at Hairo, ''Oh. I guess I studied a decent amount of time, so I think I did fine.''

'Obviously she did fine.' Saiki had a ghostly-smug on his face. 'Ordinarily fine, even.'

''Gee, guys,'' Nendou, once again, interrupted them. ''You don't have to take tests so seriously. It isn't that big of a deal, we all probably got the same score.''

'Don't compare [Y/N]'s scores to yours, Nendou. Well, mine too, logically speaking.'

''Hey, Nendou,'' The classroom door opened, catching everyone's attention. It was a teacher. ''If you fail three or more subjects, you'll be held back. Got that?''

'Held back? I didn't expect that,' [Y/N] thought, as she glanced back at the book she was reading with a bored expression. 'Well, this is Nendou we're talking about.'

''Don't worry,'' Kaidou put his hand on Nendou's shoulder. ''Even if we're in different grades, we're still the same age. You don't have to treat us like upperclassmen.''

''Hey! It's too soon to give up! It's not a done deal yet, right?!'' Hairo tried to object.

'Telling Nendou to pass is like telling a pig to fly, since this is Nendou we're talking about.' Saiki thought, silently glancing at [Y/N], who was reading her book.

''Hey... what's he mean by 'held back'?'' Nendou asked, quieting the Hairo and Kaidou.

'Well, now you know what we're dealing with.'

''Don't worry, tests are nothing, because I've got a secret plan.'' Nendou said, as Hairo and Kaidou looked at him with curiosity. Nendou reached into his pocket, taking something out.

''This.'' Nendou put a pen on the table. At the end of the pencil, there were letters written on it, such as ''a'', or ''i''.

''With this, I'll definitely ace all my exams!''

'He's toast.' Saiki thought, as all three of them stared at him with a pitying expression.

'What is even going on there?' [Y/N] thought, trying to get a glimpse of what Nendou put on the table. Saiki, noticing this, looked at [Y/N].

'Nendou thinks that he won't flunk the three tests, [Y/N],' Saiki answered in his mind, as he made eye contact with [Y/N]. 'Nothing you need to worry about.'

'Oh,' [Y/N] thought, laying her head on her hand, leaning a bit. 'We made eye contact... Again. I'm starting to think that he has a soft spot for me.'

'Am I seriously that obvious?!' Saiki looked away, and started staring blankly at the table. 'I thought I was fine at covering it up!'

'Or maybe not,' [Y/N] sighed, and looked back at the book she was reading. 'Teruhashi's words are getting into my head. ''What did you do in order to make him fond of you?'', at this point, I'm not even sure myself. I guess we just have a lot of things in common.'