12 || I'm sorry, I like you.

Start from the beginning

Now's the third set for Aoba Johsai vs. Karasuno. You were sitting on the bench holding Oikawa's jacket and bottle. The battle is really intense.

You were hoping that Karasuno would win. Because you knew, if Seijoh gets defeated, Oikawa won't be in the spotlight anymore and your parents might agree to stop all of this.

But at the same time, you feel bad for Oikawa. You wanted to be selfish atleast this once. On the outside, you were on Seijoh's side cheering for Oikawa. But in your heart, you were rooting for Karasuno.

Kageyama, I think you're right. If you defeat Seijoh, I might be able to decide for my own. I want to decide who I want to be with... And that is you.

"Please win..." You whispered.

The ball goes to Kageyama and he sets it. Hinata jumps and spikes the ball. Oikawa was supposed to  receive it but he failed to.

You were now crying. You were crying tears of joy, but the others, of course they think you were crying because Seijoh lost.

"KARASUNO WINS!!!" The announcer says.

Oikawa approaches you and gets his bottle from you, he sees you trying to stop crying and pats your head.

"y/n-chan, Atleast... this is another reason to stop this." Oikawa smiles at you. You couldn't help but to cry even more and hug him. He was shocked of your actions but returned the hug.

"Your fangirls would be mad." Iwaizumi says behind Oikawa.

"No, this is kind of like a goodbye hug. Right?" Oikawa says, letting go of you.

"What are you saying? we can still hang out and talk you know? You're my f-friend now." You say, giving him a small punch on his arm.

You glance to the other side of the court to see them celebrating. You can't help it but have a small smile on your face. You suddenly made an eye contact with the one and only Kageyama. Of course, you immediately looked away.

You walked out of the Sendai City Gymnasium with the Aoba Johsai Volleyball team. They all looked very sad and you kind of felt guilty wishing Karasuno to win.

"y/n-chan, we're eating ramen. Wanna join?" Oikawa asks you.

"Thank you... but I want to go home already. Enjoy!" You say and waved goodbye to them as they walked away. You stood infronf of the bus stop and waited patiently. You were just alone.

Not until someone comes.

"K-kageyama." You were shocked, but you just tried to ignore his presence afterwards.

"I was looking for you." He says, keeping a distance from you since you weren't really on good terms and it's been a while since your decent conversation.

You stared at each other for a moment.  You were thinking of something you've been bothered by for a while. Kageyama's lips parted preparing himself to talk.

"About that time when I accidentally hit you... I-" Kageyama paused for a while and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry."

"I like you."

Both of you said at the exact moment. Kageyama had realized you just confessed to him while he was supposed to make an apology he was preparing for in a while.

The awkwardness of the situation just became worse, and Kageyama was red af, unsure of what to say...

This isn't what I planned. Kageyama thought.

"I-I like you... b-b-boke." You say once again. You could see the bus you would ride approaching from afar.

.

.

"Knuff... Knife.... nif... nice." Was all Kageyama could say.

No words can describe how nervous was he from the start, and the sudden confession of yours startled him.

You were disappointed and it hurted. You knew from the start Kageyama only likes volleyball! you're so stupid y/n! You mentally scolded yourself.

Luckily, the bus was already there so you coukd escape from this situation.

"Ah, well see you around!" You gave him a fake smile and quickly entered the bus. As you sat, a tear fell down your cheek.

How could I be so dumb? Kageyama clearly has no time for love...