"I made breakfast." He smiled proudly at her.

"You didn't have to cook for me..."

"Why not? You're letting me stay with you, it's the least I can do."

Millie was astonished to say the least. No one had ever done something this nice for her, not her parents or Jacob who was supposed to love her in a way he would never even come close.

"Why do you look so surprised?" Finn couldn't help but ask. Millie almost looked like she was about to cry over something as simple as him making breakfast for her.

"I- it's just... no one has ever really done something like this for me..."

It was the simple truth for her as silly as this may sound. Her parents only cared that she didn't screw up the family name, her siblings never cared to even know their sister, and Jacob has never done anything for her if it didn't benefit himself first.

So now it was odd for her to have Finn here who is not even her boyfriend doing so much for her whenever he could, and without expecting something in return. He barely knew her for a week and he didn't hesitate to put her first, it was new for her.

"Well... now someone does. It's nice to have someone to cook for." Millie smiled at his comment before finally eating the food he put in front of her.

Finn sat beside her and ate as well, the two talked about whatever came to mind for the next few minutes.

Millie had told Finn she was planning to hang out with Sadie until their date tonight and he assured her he would be fine by himself for a day. It took awhile to convince her that he could clean up by himself so she could get going, but eventually Millie gave in and went down the hallway to get ready.

She didn't make it to her room yet when she decided to run back to the kitchen. Finn almost dropped the plates when he felt Millie suddenly come up behind him and wrap her arms around him tightly.

Her head laid against his back and Finn froze again, his heart felt like stopping. This was becoming a common effect Millie had on him.

"Thank you Finn." Those words, she said them so quietly before walking away back to her bedroom. He hadn't even gotten a chance to respond. Millie chose to leave him a frozen mess in the kitchen.

••••

"Sadie I told you I will just wear some black jeans and a nice shirt tonight!" Millie tried to convince her friend, but the redhead wasn't having it.

"No, we are gonna find you a simple and cute little dress. I'm wearing a dress so you should to." Millie frowned. "What kind of logic is that?"

"My logic." She answered while dragging Millie through the front entrance of Starcourt mall.

While Sadie was going on about how excited she was for the date tonight Millie's mind seemed to wonder to something else, or someone else.

She wondered what Finn was doing back at her apartment in this moment. Was he watching tv, maybe taking a nap, or trying to find something to snack on?

Sadie pulled out her phone and shoved it in front of Millie. She was looking at a photo of two boys.

"Caleb and I have been talking through text the past few days. He sent me a picture of him and Noah earlier. Tell me he's not perfect looking."