Learning about the War

Point of view: Elsa

It was dark in the castle. My father the King was planning attack. My mother was trying to convince him not to. I went inside the room. "Dad" I asked "who are we planning the attack on?" he looked at me like I was crazy. "Well honey since we are British, then we will plan war on the Americans". I was confused."But why?" I asked him. "your father is tired sweetie go to bed". But when I got to my room I couldn't sleep. I wouldn't sleep. I was too scared. What would happen tommorow. It was too scary to think of. So eventually I fell asleep.

Point of view: Jack

"Mom" I asked "when is dad coming home?" We were a poor family and my dad worked 2 jobs a day. "I don't know but he should be coming soon". I hope so. Because I was getting worried. "You seem stressed out you should go to bed jack." So up to my room I went. Usually I felt safe in my room. Now it didn't feel like home anymore. It was time for me to go to bed. I heard the door open. My dad finally came home. I kinda overheard them talking.
"Amanda I have bad news."
"What is it Chris."
"America is having war with the british."
"That's terrible news"
"Me and jack have to attend it"
"WHAT?!?!?!?"
After that I heard enough. I climbed in my bed and fell asleep.