She's a woman

Murphy's pov

It was getting late as I still sat up waiting for Olivia to get done with her phone call. I sat on the bar stool seeming to check my watch every few seconds and shaking my foot anxiously on the floor. Shouldn't she be off the phone by now? Been a damn hour. Looking up from my watch one last time, I notice my brother smirking at me from his seat.

"What?" I spat.

He flicked his cigarette into the ash tray and chuckled,"ya worry too much"

Trying to resist looking down at my watch again, I just shook my head and grumbled,"bee a damn hour already"

I heard my brother chuckle and move around the bar, grabbing a bottle of scorch. i watched him grab two glasses and sit next to me. My foot tapped faster against the stool as I adverted my eyes to the door Olivia went through. I turned back to Connor when I hear him pop the top off of the scotch and poured two shots. He scoot one towards me and put his cig in the tray as he grabbed his glass.

"She's a woman der brother and if ders one ting I learned bout women is dat dey love ta talk. They talk and talk fer hours, especially wiff other women" he said taking his shot.

He slammed the glass back on the counter and smirked,"and dat includes liv"

I starred into his eyes and decided I guess he was right. When ya got liv talkin, ya couldn't get er to shut up. Smirking to myself,i nodded at my brother and took my shot. I sat there drinkin wiff my brother as I soon fell asleep. The next day I woke up when the sun peaked through the windows of the bar. Lifting my head up from the counter I looked around the room and saw Connor had fallen asleep on one of da booths. I then looked down at my watch and saw it was about 9am. Groaning I rubbed my hands over my face and leaned back against the bar. I didn't remember much of last night. Just that con and I started drinkin like da Irishmen we are. It really was a good night, really got my mind off tings and could actually relax fer once while I waited for liv to get off da......wait a second....Olivia!? My body shot up off da barstool I was on. I stiffened as I looked around the room and didn't see any sign of liv. Alright now I know girls talk a lot, but no woman talks dat damn long. Something was wrong. I knew it. I felt it. I quickly crossed the room and kicked Connors foot that was off the booth, but he just kept snorin.

"Connor" I whispered.

Nothin.

"Con" I growled kicking his foot again.

Kept snorin logs. Growling, I walked behind the bar and grabbed a pitcher from over the counter and filled it with water. I quickly walked back to my brother and poured the water all over his head. Normally I would've found this funny, but today was not the day. He shot up faster than a bullet bein shot out of a gun yelling and screaming until he saw me with the now empty pitcher.

"What the fuck! I'm gonna fucking kill you!" He said beginning to charge at me.

"Ya wouldn't wake up and something's wrong with liv!" I yelled.

That seemed to bring him to an abrupt stop,"what?"

"She didn't come back in from last night." I said setting the pitcher down and grabbin my gun.

"Alright calm down, if we know liv she probably just fell asleep outside with Eunice blabbin er ear off" he said.

Looking up from my gun to my brother, I saw a hint of worry in his eyes. We both knew liv wasn't like that and that isn't what happened. Liv isn't that type of girl. Nodding, I grabbed his gun and handed it to him. He took it and we made our way towards the back door. As we reached it, I rested my ear against it to see if I could hear anything. Nothing. Looking over at my brother, I nodded as we kicked open the door aiming our weapons. Only all I saw was an empty alleyway. My heart started to pound as my eyes searched the alley. I turned back to my brother as we lowered our weapons. She wasn't here.

"She's not here" I said.

He nodded,"she probably just went out ta get coffee or sumthin"

Once again I knew hat wasn't true. His eyes told a different story and liv didn't like coffee. My eyes scanned the floor until they came across a phone layin on the ground with a few dark spots next to it. Bending down I picked up the phone knowing instantly who it belonged to. Looking past the phone, the small dark spots seemed more reddish. My body started to shake as I fought the urge to scream. With one hand holding the phone, I let my fingers of my other hand run through the dark spots on the concrete. Taking deep breaths and fighting the water from my eyes, I lifted my now shaking hand up to my eyes seeing what I suspected but dreaded at the same time, blood. I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe, but my breathing became faster so I felt light headed.

"What is it?" Connor asked.

Standing up, I turned towards my brother. I felt my face pale and I knew I was shaking as I clutched the phone in my hand which felt like a cement block. The liquid on my fingers felt like it was burning every nerve in my hand. Connors eyes met my cold, black ones then to my hands. Suddenly his eyes and body language became the same as mine. His eyes came back up to mine as he dug through his pocket. I watched as he opened his fist and two coins sat in his palm. Looking from his hand back to his hard eyes, I nodded,

"Every last motherfucker that had anything to do with it"