fear me, i'm the monster

Werewolves.

Terrible creatures. Lose control at the full moon, they have no way to protect the ones they love... from themselves

Werewolves are terrible creatures, who hate themselves just as much as everybody else.

༻﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡﹡༺

"The night's still young, we'll dance until the sun rises!"

A beautiful, mystical night in Phoenix Drop it had been. A celebration was in the mist, one that would surely last for hours. Cheers to their happiness, a proud and strong Kingdom that would continue to thrive under Lord Aphmau.

A dance in the town square with mesmerizing music played by flutes and lutes in the background. The whole Kingdom got together to celebrate for one long night, for how far they've come.

"Come on, is that all you've got?" Out of the many pairs strung together under the moonlight, blocked by the clouds, were Vylad and Cora. They had only permanently resided in Phoenix Drop for a few months now, but it was their home.

Vylad chuckled, one hand on her waist and the other holding up her hand, fingers intertwined as they twirled around. He spun her around, and she leaned back into his chest, looking up at him. They both softly laughed as they danced to the music, ignoring all of their surroundings, too focused on each other to even care. Nothing could ruin this night, it was perfect.

Of course, something had to go wrong. While unable to tear his eyes away from her beautiful black eyes, it must've simply been the lighting ─ but he swore that when the moonlight shined down on Cora, her eyes changed colour. From an unmistakable black, to a bright amber, and that ─ couldn't be right.

Unable to just ignore it, his bright smile turned upside down. Cora's joyful expression also darkened, but before he could reassure her, cop it up to his imagination, she pulled away from him. "C-Cora?"

She stepped back and he couldn't mistake the agonizing look of... Of pure fear on her face. He turned around to see if something dark and menacing stood behind him, or if anyone else was in danger. Yet to his confusion, everything seemed fine, nothing had changed, people were still dancing and laughing.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, turning around, only to notice that his beloved no longer stood before him. His heart skipped a beat and his eyes widened, and felt the desperation to call out to her, but the words were clogged up in his throat. As panic surged through his body, questioning what could have possibly happened in the split second he took his eyes off her, he swore he could see her figure running in the distance; towards the forest.

Of course, he immediately chased after her. He ran as fast as he could and yet, somehow, she lurked just out of his reach. "Cora! Where are you going?!" He called out to her. They were far away from the town square where all the residents were. He followed her out of Phoenix Drop without looking back, and into the dark brooding forest, the only source of light being the moon. Which, just moments ago he saw as something beautiful, illuminating the town square and providing light for them to dance to.

However, now as he looked up at it; it didn't look as peaceful as before. In fact, somehow, provided a dark and eery atmosphere, and a worsening sense of dread. "What's happening," he whispered as he lowered his head, and kicked up the pace. "Cora! For Pete's sake─where did you go off to?!"

There wasn't really a logical explanation for this, not anymore, after he's come this far. She ran all the way out here on her own, there was no one with her from what he could see, dragging her along. Though, why would anyone just decide to run away from their partner and disappear into the forest, at night? Were his dance moves that bad?