love at first sight, perhaps

"School, greaaaaat..." Letting out a deep sigh and an annoyed look clear on her face, the brunette tugged on the strap of her bag before entering the school grounds. Phoenix Drop High, it didn't look too bad, but she'd rather be homeschooled. Yet, with her parents both saying no, she had no choice in the matter.

She let out another sigh, fumbling with her black gloves as she entered the school building and looked around for her classroom. Coming into class three weeks in wasn't the best timing, but hey, at least she wasn't going to be late on her first day.

She quickly got lost in her thoughts, as she wondered what her classmates would be like. Cora continued to look around, trying to find her class with no luck. "Come on, where is─"

"I'm gonna be late!" Hearing the unfamilair voice call out, she turned around. Though, she didnt have enough time to move out of the way, and couldn't avoid the incoming person heading straight towards her at an alarming speed.

A moment later she found herself on the floor, uninjured. "Hey... watch where you're going!" She snapped, raising her head she glared at the person she had collided with. A boy who appeared to be around her age, with messy brown hair and dark green eyes.

"Sorry!" He quickly apologized, getting up and lending out a hand to her. Cora let out a huff, her expression softening but her eyes still narrowed at him. Nonetheless, she took his hand and was pulled up, then quickly pulled her hand back and brushed down her clothes.

"Uh-huh."

The boy stared at her, and opened his mouth about to say something ─ when his eyes went wide and panic shot across his face. "Oh, crud! I'm going to be late!" He cried, before running off without another word. Cora had thought she was early, but appearently that wasn't the case. Upon realizing how bad it would be to be late on her first day, she followed into a sprint.

She scanned the rooms for her classroom, biting her lip. Until at last her eyes caught sight of her classroom, the exact moment the bell went. She hurried through the doors and skidded to a halt, already out of breath. "Sorry for being late!"

...
.....
......

She wasn't the only one who said that.

Turning her head, she saw the same boy from before standing right beside her, out of breath from running. 'You've got to be kidding me...'

He seemed just as surprised to see her, but while she didn't know what to say, he broke into a small smile and extended out his hand. "Uh, nice to see you again! I guess we have the same homeroom? My name's Vylad."

Breaking away from her thoughts, Cora nodded and returned the smile, taking his hand and shaking it. "Cora."

"Alright, you two, take a seat."

( this thing has been in my drafts for MONTHS lmao, maybe even a year. updated whenever i need a dose of some sweet sweet serotonin )