Shopping

"What is that?"

"It's a shopping cart! I figured out how to craft one!"

The enderman narrowed their eyes and gazed at this... Mess of metal wires and beams with utmost suspicion. It was like nothing they'd ever seen before in this world. It didnt even look right. Like it didn't fit in with the world, almost.

"And... How did you make it? And why?" They asked. What in the world could prompt the player to build THIS unholy contraption??

"I wanted to see if I could!"

Ah. Understandable.

"Was there even a crafting recipe for it?"

The player, still grinning widely, shook their head. "Nope! I had to get creative. And uh... Ignore the rules of the game a little bit."

Right. The Game. The Enderman had never quite been able to understand that part, that apparently this world wasn't real, at least according to the player. It was the realest thing they knew, after all.

They tried not to dwell on it too much.

"What is it for?" The monster asked, backing up slightly as the player started to wheel it around their house, and eventually out their door. The enderman followed them as they rambled about it.

"Shopping, duh. Its just a cart to hold stuff that you buy. Most stores have them and you take them and fill them up with the stuff you need and then take the stuff home. Except you're not supposed to take the cart home, it's illegal or something. You gotta leave it at the store."

Well that was dumb, the enderman thought. Why didn't the 'humans' (as the player called them) just use their inventories to carry stuff? It all just seemed more complicated than necessary.

The player ended up pushing the cart until they came to a relatively open stretch of land, a little ways away from the player's house. A few animals were grazing, just as clueless about possible impending doom as always.

The enderman was snapped out of their thoughts by the player suddenly stopping and turning around to face them, still keeping one hand on the shopping cart to keep it from rolling away. "But you wanna know the best thing about these?"

The tall monster blinked down at them, still slightly confused about how the player was so enthusiastic about this. "Sure?"

The player let out a little gremlin giggle as they turned around and clambered into the cart, sitting in it's holding area and looking up at the enderman.

...."Uh, what?"

"Push me!" They yelled.

"UM." The enderman backed up a bit, though the player never dropped their near-contag.ious smile. "You heard me. Push!"

The enderman stepped up to the cart, cautiously resting their hands on the handlebar as if they expected it to attack them. "... Is this even allowed??"

The player's grin dropped for a moment as they replied, "Well, technically no..." Then it was back, just as bright as before. "But everyone does it anyway! And who gives a shit about rules here anyway? C'mooooon, please Endy? Its fun! I'll even push you next if you want!"

The enderman wasn't so sure about that.

But regardless, they started to push the cart, testing the weight and momentum of the thing. The small wheels on the bottom squeaked softly.

The player didn't seem impressed, as they smacked their hand against the edge of the cart a few times and whined, "C'mon, faster! Run with it!"

"You sure?" The enderman asked incredulously.

"Yes! Go!"

They picked up the pace, until just as the player said, they were full on running with it. The player squealed in excitement and gripped the sides of the cart to keep steady. It reminded the enderman of that one time the player tried to make a minecart rollar coaster and almost died in the process.

The enderman could admit, this was a little bit fun. Okay, fine, it waa kind of a blast!

The duo surged forward at speeds most shopping carts were probably not supposed to go, until the enderman slowed the pace ever so slightly as he realized where they were going, attempting to hold back the surprising momentum of the cart. "There's a slope up ahead!"

"That's fine, just let go of the cart when we get there!" The player yelled in response.

Well, alright then.

The enderman stopped running and let go once they reached the downwards slope. The player screamed as the cart started to race downhill... Directly towards a creeper.

The enderman didn't think they'd laughed that hard in a long time.

So this chapter was actually supposed to come out a while back but. Then it didn't. But it's here now!

Based on this doodle