Sumita stopped but Renuka's eyes didn't and her hot fat tears rolled down her cheeks burning it in it's way intensely. 

Positioning him by resting his back on the edge of his table, he warned in a slow yet frosty tone, " Next time, I may not be this forgiveable Miss Sumita. So better not make a mistake to lead a next time. Understood !!?" 

Sumita has stood up with her pained knees and weak limbs, and lost her voice in this process somewhere. She couldn't meet his eyes. And ended up gazing at his desk. She answered him with a good nod in understanding.

He gestured her to leave with his hands towards the exit. Renuka was there by her side the next second and silently walked with her to say something or anything to calm Sumita's pain and humiliation for her. 

His call paused them near the door of the staffroom. " Well I don't remember giving Miss Renuka the permission to leave. Do you ?" This was like a  cold bucket full of water was poured in her and Renuka looked back at this hesitantly. She urged Sumita with her eyes to go without her . 

Sumita had to leave  alone unwillingly and was extremely worried for her good friend inside the Lion's den.  She sought a bench near the door in the corridor and sat down massaging her knees. 

He crossed his arms over his chest and watched her trembling and fidgeting nervously for the possible punishment. His devil side goaded and he enjoyed watching her at that very  weak moment. 

This submissive posture of her thrilled him. Her face all pink with the silent sobs. Her eyes trained down in fear. His mouth has invariably curved in a sadistic smile at this dominant power in his hand.

The afternoon sunlight from the huge glasses out of the  corner most big and old  British era windows,had illuminated the staffroom and had provided a subtle glow on Renuka's demure figure. Her baby pink chikankari Salwar Kameez and that sunlight enhanced her milky white skin.  He gulped when a small tear drop rolled down her cheeks and trailed towards her neck and went hidden behind her Dupatta covered chest. He subconsciously wondered  whether it was a punishment for her or him at this point of time. 

What the heck was wrong with him ?

For Renuka, this ! THIS was punishment itself. Standing here with him , alone in this  room was a punishment enough. She remembered their ride together and shivered again of the aftermath . She was conscious of being watched over by him and wanted nothing but to run away from his dark brown eyes and hide in her father's loving arms. Her legs were now paining to simply stand and she backed away slowly to seek relief from the wall nearby. Her fever was over. But her body was still recovering its effects. 

His eyes stared her taking those baby steps back like a hawk to it's prey. The white washed wall emphasised her features more if possible. 

Unbelievable !!

" Sir, I need to attend the next class as well. " Enough was enough !! For how many more minutes would she continue to stand here alone with him ? If he needed to say something, he should have till now. This suspense was killing her internally.

Her voice made him recall of the Punishment and gliding his hands in between his short hair, he cleared his throat. " Yes, you need to ! " He remarked without giving much details and she thought of it as her dismissal. 

She walked towards the door. Holding the door knob, she stilled when  he spoke up. "The University has arranged for special extra classes for students who have unfortunately missed the regular ones, as this is an important time for a student. You have to attend as well, Miss Renuka." She heard him coming behind her and her hands went clamny over the door knob.