He finally manages to snap out of his frozen state, so he can hurry over to your side and grab both of your hands. The look on his face almost makes you break down into tears. Though you've done enough of that today.

"Woah, baby, what...what are you doing?" He asks, panicked, but at the same time in a gentle tone. He has no idea what you're feeling, so he doesn't wanna do anything to somehow make the current situation worse.

You bite your bottom lip to stop it from trembling, as you pull your hands out of his larger ones.

Instead of answering, you continue what you were previously doing and pull the large suitcase off of the bed. You turn and head towards the bathroom to grab anything you missed.

"Y/N, stop. Look at me." Ruel's voice is stern, but you don't miss the way it wavers. "Look at me." Finally you stop, after feeling him carefully grab your hand again. "Talk to me. What's going on? Did I do something?" He rambles, trying to catch your gaze, but you refuse to look him in the eyes.

You shake your head.

"Then what's wrong? Why are all your things packed up?"

"I..." You trail off, speaking for the first time. Though you have no idea where to start. Or how to even express the way you're feeling right now. "I don't..."

The nervous boy in front of you takes your face in the palm of his hands, tilting it up so he can get a better view of your features. Your eyes, more specifically. He can always tell how you feel just by examining them.

At least that's what he thought. But right now he can't seem to figure out why you're acting like this. Why you've made it seem as though you've never stepped foot in this apartment by packing your things.

"What, Y/N? Please, just tell me what's going on so I can fix it." He begs you desperately.

"I-I can't be with you anymore."

For the second time today, Ruel freezes, after hearing those words escape your mouth. He stares down at you in disbelief, not yet saying a word.

The silence lasts for another minute as you wait for him to speak his mind.

It finally seems like he's snapped out of his trance when he quickly shakes his head. "You're joking, right? Is this a prank? Cause it's not funny, Y/N."

"I'm not joking, Ruel." You whisper, trying not to break down in tears.

You don't expect his next expression. A scowl.

"Why the fuck can't you be with me?" He asks, and you're surprised by the loudness of his voice. "What does that even mean? You said I didn't do anything wrong, so why the hell are you doing this?"

You flinch as his anger only grows. He'd never hit you, and you know that, it's just rare that he ever raises his voice like this.

"I-I just..."

"You just what? Spit it out, Y/N."

Ruel finally seems to notice the hint of fear in your eyes, and the way you've slowly began to shrink back, away from him. That's when he curses under his breath. "Shit. I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to talk to you like that." He runs his fingers through his hair. "Is that why you're doing this? Cause of my anger problems?" He takes your silence as a yes, though it's far from the truth. "I-I promise i've been working on it. I'm just confused, a-and I can't lose you. I won't-"