Chapter Fourteen - 'The Arches'

Start from the beginning

"Only 15 minutes left 'till we leave for school" Sara said popping her head around the door frame.

It was Friday night and what does Friday night mean?

You don't know? Oh thanks for listening! Haha

Friday night means tonight it's CHRISTMAS DISCO TIME!

'Don't forget to dress warm! It's going to be a cold one tonight xxxxx'

Harry text me. I laughed. As if I was going to turn up to a prom style party with gloves and a scarf and maybe even a little hat. Ha! No! I don't think so Harry.

I slid my feet into my black platform wedges and pulled up the gold zips. I then stood up straightening my black prom dress that reached the floor, even with the wedges on. The dress had a coral and gold belt that when fastened made my waist stand out. It also made me look like I had a slimmer waist than I really had, which was a bonus. The dress flowed down in tiers of material. It cost me a fortune but I was willing to pay for it, for Harry.

"Sara said 'c'mon c'mon we need to go now'" Kelly yelled clapping her hands enthusiastically. Kelly's dress was purple, coincidentally Liam's favourite colour. It was a similar design to mine but it was a little shorter and where my belt was she had a white ribbon instead.

Soon enough we were all in the car on our way to our school. As we pulled up at the gates we could hear the music coming from inside. Disco lights beamed out of the windows into the dark sky and teenagers from our year stood at the hall entrance getting fresh air.

Sara thanked her mum for dropping us off then we started for the door. We were deafened and blinded by the sound of the music and the lights that flashed and reflected off our eyes. Christmas songs were the played favourites so far.

"Hey where are..." Just as I asked I stopped. We all seemed to go off into our own little bubbles when we caught eyes contact with our boyfriends.

I moved my eyes down from Harry's eyes. He wore a white shirt with a black tie and pants that matched his smart black blazer with a coral pink flower pinned to it. I'd never seen Harry like this before the whole outfit complimenting him in every way. I saw he was checking me out too which made me lower my head a little in embarrassment. It felt like we were the only two people in the room as he walked towards me. The music was gone and the lights were shinning on us in our own little world. It was like something out of a movie, we were having a little moment. I could have stayed in there forever, but then I was awoken by Harry's voice.

"Lucy,..you..you look beautiful!" he said placing his hands on my little waist. His lips pressed close to my ear as he spoke.

I wanted to run a mile and scream at the top of my lungs and come back. However that could not happen right now, I just blushed and smiled as I looked at the ground.

"You're not too bad yourself" I mumbled, still looking at a spot on the ground holding back tears and laughter.

"Hey, I'm up here" he said taking a hand from my waist and waving it in front of my face. His muscled torso was pressed firmly to my body.

I laughed nervously, "Yeah" I said looking up into his eyes. I couldn't hold back a smile, my teeth pushing through my lips. Yet I didn't understand why I was so nervous, it was only Harry, my big cheese ball of a boyfriend.

"Look at those two having a moment" Louis laughed. Eliza laughed too. I sent them daggers then ended up laughing as well.

Eliza's red dress matched the flower on Louis's blazer like mine and Harry's. In fact all the boys had flowers to match their girlfriends' dresses, Niall & Sara's colour was a light lime green and Zayn & Liv's colour was a baby blue, we all looked amazing if I do say so myself.