Fresh

January 6th
Location: my house
Time: 7:45pm
Xaniyah Williams
————————

"Okay, what time is she coming?" I asked trying to cook faster.

"She said she was about ten minutes out." My dad replied walking over to me. "Breathe." He stopped my hand from stirring quickly.

I smiled and took a deep breath.

I hope I didn't cry, I was a soft meanie as my family liked to call it.

To most this wouldn't matter but for someone who always feen'd for a mom to go get her nails done with, shop, etc.. this was huge and it didn't matter if I was now 18 because, I still had the milestones of college, marriage, kids, failures, and success.

This also meant that if she broke my dads heart it would be like my mom leaving all over again.. I didn't want that for him, but it also meant someone close in my life walked out again then I'd be left with questions once again.

Too be honest I was one to get attached easily, if we vibe my intuition automatically tells me we'll be close and I hate people leaving me. Mommy issues go crazy, but when I genuinely like someone I never want to see them go cause I'm a genuine person.

"She'll love you babygirl, you're all she's been talking about. The only reason she didn't come to your release is because of a surprise."

"A surprise?" I cocked my head to the side smiling.

He rolled his eyes, "get to cooking."

"Okay okayy." I smiled and began dancing to my r&b playlist.

I finally got done cooking and posted it on my instagram story to see.

"YOU'RE A SELL OUTTTTTT" Jahari yelled at Dewayne as they trash talked on the game

"NO, you're just ass boy."

"What do yall want to drink? " I yelled out.

Everyone gave me their replies so I made sure to have their drinks at the table.

"What does Rachelle like pops?"

"Mhmm, anything."

"You can't say anything because then all of a sudden that person hates everything."

He laughed, "alcohol."

"Mhmm, what kind?"

He shrugged, "whatever you think she'll like."