chapter 2

sweet cafe

i walked into the cafe and put on my work outfit in the bathroom

i walked into the cafe and put on my work outfit in the bathroom. i went over to cash register and waited for someone to walk inside. it wasn't a school day today so i had to go to work early.

i heard the tiny bell above the door ring and i looked over at the person who walked in. my eyes widened a bit because it was the person i saw yesterday. i felt nervous but tried not to show. he went to a table and sat down. i sighed looking around for any other workers who would be available but i was the only one. i got out from behind the cash register and walked over to the male with a notepad and pen in my hand.

"hi welcome to the sweets cafe! may i take your order?" i said with a smile on my face but i was still nervous and trembled on some of my words. the male giggled a tiny bit at me. i looked down at the floor because i was embarrassed. "sorry if i offended you in a way i didn't mean to" i looked back up at him with a nervous smile. "don't worry i'm not offended i'm just embarrassed. anyways what do you want to drink or eat?" i asked and he looked back at the menu and back at me "i'll like to have a ceffè americano and a raspberry cheesecake please" i wrote that all down on my notepad "is that all for today?" i looked at him and we both made eye contact with each other. i felt heat spawning up on my cheeks. "mmhm" he closed his menu and i took it from him and headed over to the kitchen. i started to make his order but i kept messing and had to keep redoing it. "how am i messing up so much" i whispered to myself finally getting everything correct.

i put his food on a tray and headed over to his table. i sat down his coffee and cake. "here's your caffè americano and raspberry cheesecake. hope you enjoy your food and drink" i was about to head back to the cash register until i felt someone grab my wrist. i looked back and it was the male holding onto my wrist. "would you like to sit next to me? i just want to get to know you" i felt heat rush into my cheeks and i could tell my cheeks were very red at the moment. "my lunch breaks starts in a minute so i guess i can"

i sat down on the other side of the table "so why do you want to get to know me? i'm not that interesting, plus you're pretty popular" i started to ramble off about how i wasn't interesting and i wasn't even paying attention to the time until my boss yelled. "FELIX YOUR LUNCH BREAK IS OVER" i looked over at my boss and nodded and looked over at the other male. "sorry for not letting you really talk or anything maybe next time we can talk or something" i said shyly avoiding eye contact. "don't worry it's ok and from you rambling about yourself it made me get to know you even more than before lixie" i blushed and tried covering my face because it was pretty noticeable. "anyways i'll get back to work. wait, what's your name anyways?" i looked up at him "my name is hwang hyunjin" i smiled and got up from my seat and headed back to work.