ten

"When no one else
chooses to stay,
I will.
I will.
"

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me," Eleven explained. We were all sat around her, except for me, I was pacing. I couldn't stop thinking about what she had told us. About what Billy had said to her that made her so scared. It took Mike at least fifteen minutes to calm her down before she told us.

"Building something," Max said. She had been awfully quiet just like me. "Is he talking about the flayed?"

"He must be," I spoke up. I hated to think as Billy like he was the bad guy, like there wasn't some monster controlling him.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought," Lucas said.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread," Mike softly spoke, tying all the pieces together. The rest of us seemed to follow suit.

"He's building it to stop Eleven," Will finished his sentence. Mike turned to us, still holding Eleven's hand.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off," Mike explained himself. I wasn't in on any of this back then. Thinking of them fighting for their lives while I was rolling around in the sheets with the man we tried to fight now, was weird. Very weird.

"Like, royally," Lucas added. I rolled my eyes.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-..." Mike stopped to let the sentence finish itself almost. We knew where he was going with this.

"Game over," Lucas said. Eleven sat up a little and looked at all of us.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you," she enlightened us, but most importantly me.

"Yeah, well, that's nice," I responded. It's not like I never heard those words come out of his mouth, but this was different. He had said them once in an angry mood, but never to me.

We were suddenly interrupted by a faint screeching noise. My head snapped up at the door. I was well aware that this wasn't normal in Hawkins.

"Do you guys hear that?" Nancy asked.

"It's just the fireworks," Jonathan tried to calm her down, but both me and my best friend knew that wasn't it. Fireworks didn't sound like that.

"Billy," Nancy said. She looked at Eleven. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?"

Eleven nodded.

A loud thudding noise was heard and it was followed by more screeching. Everyone was on high alert as we looked around. Will's hand went up to his neck and he looked at us with scared eyes.

"He knows were here," he said.

There wasn't much else needed for us to storm out of the cabin to see what was going on. I grabbed Nancy her arm when I saw the huge monster coming our way. It was definitely bigger than the one in the hospital, a lot bigger even. The trees were rustling beside it and it had even managed to pull some down.

Nancy and I looked at each other. We thought the same thing. She ran to the shed that was across the cabin and opened it. Since Hopper was a policeman, there should be enough armor in here to defend us from a war. Our thought where right, we both grabbed a gun and more refills before running inside again. Jonathan had gotten ahold of an axe. The kids were already blocking the windows and other entrance ways of the house when we walked in. Lucas closed the door behind us, locking it before Will and Mike pushed the couch against it.