12

Shekhawat house was bustling with people here and there as the next day is the engagement ceremony of their elder son.

"Renuka, remind Parth that we have to leave for the airport in an hour to receive my sister" Harsh told Renuka to inform Parth.

"yeah and harsh while returning once meet that event manager on the way" she reminded him.

"Parth... Parth...." Renuka shouted entering the hallway of his room.

He was talking to Vidushi when he heard his mother and peeped out of the room.

"Ji maa" he walked to her while holding on the call.

"Are you busy?" she enquired walking towards his room.

"no mom.... come inside. Sit here I will just come in a moment" he said and went to the balcony to finish his call with Vidushi "Hey vidu, have some work here. I will call you later"

"ok, Parth. Talk to you later. Bye" vidushi said.

Parth walked back into his room and sat beside Renuka "Ji maa. Tell me now"

"The matter is that... tomorrow everyone will be coming so try to be polite to them" she said while trying to tell him to behave in front of them.

Parth hated all of his relatives as they never gave his family respect. When his family was suffering after shifting and in difficult times, they never cared about them. Whenever his parents attended any function of their relatives, they used to insult his parents. Renuka used to cry for hours after coming home. That impacted Parth very much. But after they established their firm and became successful, every relative started coming to them faking love and care.

"I will try maa" Parth said while thinking. Renuka signed heavily and stood up.

"I have so much work downstairs, I should go down" she said while going.

Parth was about to go to the washroom when Renuka came back and asked "where is Rannu??"

"I don't know mom. He went to the office this morning about filing some case" Parth said looking at his watch "he should be coming home by now. I will call him. don't worry"

****

Randhir was on his way home when he remembered that Sanyukta planned to move today. He took a diversion and went to the flat.

He walked out of the lift when he saw 2 suitcases near the door of the flat and the main door was open. He lifted both of them and went inside. He saw Sanyukta trying hard to keep some carton on the kitchen counter. Randhir was facing her back. He left the suitcases in the middle of the living area and proceeded towards her.

"move..." Randhir uttered suddenly. Sanyukta panicked and left the box in her hands. The box fell with a thud. Sanyukta closed her ears with her hands and shut her eyes tightly.

"hey" Randhir touched her shoulder "it's me... see"

Sanyukta opened her eyes slowly. She held his hand tightly "are you mad or what!! you scared me Randhir" she stammered shakily.

"sorry, Sanyukta. I was not trying to scare you" he stated.

She drank some water and sat on the chair. Meanwhile, Randhir kept the cartons on the kitchen platform and sat beside her.