chapter twenty six

Start from the beginning

"You're boring." He pouted and he waited for me in the hall.

I quickly changed and then let him in.

"Why you here so early?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"I was bored so I came here. We gotta pick up Thiago on the way so ..." He said and I simply nodded.

"When does Bruna come back?" I asked .

"Tomorrow, she's coming back early." He told me and I just nodded.

"When do you leave back to America?" He asked and I thought for a second.

"Well tomorrow is Monday so two weeks exactly." I said and he nodded.

"I leave in three weeks to Spain." He told me.

"I do miss home." I admitted as i sat down beside him.

"I can't wait to go back to Barcelona but I wish you could come with me." He said and I smiled softly.

"I'll love to but I can't." I said and he just nodded understanding.

Milett came out and we quickly left to pick up Thiago.

It was awkward the car ride with Thiago and it was silent except for the couple conversations I had with Neymar.

Milett was the happiest since she was dying to see this statue and the minute we arrived she dashed out the car. I just laughed a bit and I stood by her side.

"One life goal completed." She said happily and we took pictures together.

Neymar was awfully quiet for some reason and he kept checking his phone. I didn't mention anything to him and we left after an hour.

I had to go visit Maria anyways so i made neymar drop me off at the hospital.

I didn't know where Neymar, Thiago, or Milett were going but i didn't care at the moment.

I made my way through the hospital and found Maria's room. I slowly knocked and I heard come in. I slowly opened to see Maria holding her baby and David knocked out beside her.

"What happened with him?" I laughed.

"He barely got any sleep. He went home but stayed up most of the night talking to me on the phone." She told me and I just shook my head.

I walked over to her and picked up my lovely godchild. I held him tightly since he was so small and fragile.

"If only I can take you back to Cali with me." I pouted.

"Too bad." Maria said smiling innocently and i shushed her.

"I'm gonna spoil you so much and not even your mother can stop me." I spoke to Gabriel.

"So what you do today so far ?" She asked me.

"I went sightseeing and then came here." I answered.

"I thought you will be going with Neymar to pick up Bruna?" She said a bit confused and I was even way more confused than her.

"She doesn't come until tomorrow." I informed her and she shook her head.

"Neymar even told David that he was going to pick Bruna up today. Bruna even told me herself she will be arriving today." Maria said and I was still confused.

"So that's why he kept checking his phone all day." I said and she just shrugged before taking her son in her hands. She moved over in her bed and I laid next to her.

"Personally, if I was you I will ask him but for now just leave it." She told me and I nodded agreeing.

"Who's Jesse by the way?" She asked right after.

"A friend of mine who also happens to be Florencia's ex boyfriend. I met him yesterday at the boardwalk." I told her and she just simply said 'oh'.

"Ohhh, that must have been awkward." She told me and I nodded a bit agreeing.

"So, when do you get to go home?" I asked her.

"In two days they let me go." She said smiling.

"I promise I'll FaceTime you every single day." I spoke to the small baby and Maria rolled her eyes.

"I should wake him up." Maria said and she grabbed the plastic cup she had and threw it at David.

He slowly stood up and gave her a dirty look.

"What time is it even?" David asked.

"It's two." I answered and he nodded before just sitting at the end of the bed.

"I'm hungry." Maria said to David.

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked her and she gave him an 'are you serious?' look.

"Go out and get me something. Not this horrible hospital food." She said.

"Fine." He sighed and got up.

"Bring me some too!" I told him as he walked out.

"Alright." He huffed and then closed the door.

We sat there watching tv as we waited for food.

Someone knocked the door and Maria yelled come in and David walked with a bag of food.

"Finally." Maria sighed and grabbed be bag out of his hand. She handed me my food and we both ate.

Another knock was heard on the door and Maria groaned before yelling come in again. It was a nurse this time.

"Sabrina Montero?" She asked and i was a bit surprised she called me. I stood up and gave David the baby.

"Yeah?" I asked a bit confused.

"There is a woman outside claiming she wants to talk to you. She doesn't want to come in. She wants to speak to you outside though."

"Who?" I asked her.

"Florencia Castro." She answered.