[ twenty-five ]

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) smiled.

"Are you feeling alright, Levi?" She controls her voice for it not to falter, despite her insides stiffening because of the way the patient looked at her.

"Yeah." Levi responds, leaning back on the chair he was on without breaking eye contact with his psychiatrist.

"How was breakfast?"

"I had pancakes and a cup of black tea."

"That's good..." (Y/n) shortly turns to Mikasa before she spoke again. "By the way, this is Mikasa. She'll be the one to assist you with the tests."

The mentioned girl nods her head at Levi with an almost inaudible hum.

"We're gonna have to start any minute from now, (Y/n)." She stated as she fished the syringe off of it's container. "You're right..." (Y/n) mutters underneath her breath. She wasn't sure how to start informing Levi of his possible relation with Mikasa, but she had no choice but to tell him since they don't have much time left for idling around.

"I hope you don't mind Mikasa taking a little sample of your blood. It's for a test."

"And what's the test for?"

Before (Y/n) lets out a reply, Mikasa gently held Levi's left arm down and pierced his skin with the needle of the syringe. Levi didn't make any movement, just staring as his blood filled the hypodermic.

"I know you aren't some type of airhead," Mikasa spoke rather bluntly, her attention still on the device in Levi's skin. The male didn't take offense from it though, he was just a tad bit annoyed.

"I'm quite sure you know what the test is for, Mr. Ackerman."

(Y/n) stood still, observing the two silently while they both sent a knowing glare at each other. She's not wrong... I know Levi heard me when I said Mikasa's surname out loud a while ago.

After a few seconds, Mikasa hands the blood-filled syringe over to the psychiatrist. "My sample is with my assistant outside. Come back here after you get the results, okay?" "Sure."

Mikasa watched (Y/n) exit the white room, sending the (h/c)-haired doctor a small wave when she briefly turns around to smile at the two Ackermans. Once (Y/n) was out of sight, Mikasa sets her attention on the seated ravenette.

"Let's start."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 10:30 a.m. ||

"Doc? Sorry for the small delay."

"Oh, it's alright. I didn't expect the result to come this fast, actually."

A white folder was passed from the laboratory worker to the psychiatrist whilst the two sent their smiles to each other.

"Thank you." "No problem, doc."

(Y/n) decided not to check the papers just yet. She wanted to read them along with Mikasa so she heads out and back to where her patient currently stayed.

She hoped everything was going okay there while she was away, though she was sure Mikasa could handle him just fine.

It's just that Levi can be a bit too much to manage sometimes.

"They're not finished yet?"

All the nurses spun to look at the psychiatrist. Most of them answered with a polite nod along with a quiet hum. (Y/n) stands by the second set of doors in the room, peeking through the small glass window to see everything was just as fine as she had hoped. Levi behaved in his place with two men in each of his side while Mikasa stood a few meters away from them as she jotted down notes on the clipboard she carried.

Levi noticed the small movement out of the corner of his eye and momentarily gazed at the closed doors, instantly spotting the face he's been itching to see since minutes ago.

(Y/n) almost blenched the moment Levi's eyes moved to meet hers. To her, it's like he detected her presence despite the distance between them. Nonetheless, she sent her a gentle smile as what she always does.

Since the tests weren't going to be done within a short while, (Y/n) stands with the other staff waiting with her, engaging into short chats with them to kill time.

The folder laid on one of the blank tables as (Y/n) spoke to her colleagues about the finished product of the enhanced hypnotic gas now installed in all types of interrogation chambers within Area 104. She made sure not to take her eyes off the private file as she conversed with her coworkers.

From time to time, some of the nurses entered and exited the testing room to aid Mikasa inside since they're all part of her team.

A full hour and a couple minutes had passed when Mikasa finally leaves the room followed by the 4 assists she had with her inside. She removes the gloves from her hands and scans the area for (Y/n).

"You're done?"

Mikasa whirls around and hummed at (Y/n) as a response. (Y/n) offers her an apple distributed by one of the ebony-haired female's subordinates just a while ago. "I have the results now, by the way. Here."

Biting a chunk off the apple, Mikasa also receives the white folder handed to her by the psychiatrist. She blinks at the all-too-familiar symbol on the front of the file, "Did you read this already?"

(Y/n) gently shakes her head to the sides, "Not yet. I wanted to read it with you."

"Moment of truth, I guess." Mikasa whispers, not hesitating to open the folder and read it's contents.

It seemed like Mikasa was taking her time as she started at the very top of the first page of the paper. But (Y/n) instantly found her eyes locked on the one word which appeared to have outshone the rest; the answer she'd been wanting to know since the previous night.

Positive.