Inhale these Regrets

***

He didn't woke up with the smell of homecooking. He feels light as the bed feels big, he stumbled to the door, the concrete floor cold. The living room feels cold too, did he mess with the AC last night?

His stomach suddenly grumbled as he looked around him. Maybe he got used to eating god tier breakfast.Emptiness, silence and cold greeted him in the living room. There was no one preparing breakfast in the kitchen, all windows are shut and lights are turned off. He smiled bitterly, funny how one person's absence felt like he was abandoned by hundreds of people.

He went to the kitchen and his heart dropped when he lift up the thermos it was light and probably empty. He sighed, well there goes his plan on making coffee. He should just probably take a bath while he waits for the water to boil.

Another bittersweet smile tugged on his lips as he entered, her clothes are still with his laundry, her toiletries neatly placed on one of the shelf, her vanilla conditioner still lingered in the air. It feels like she was just here a minute ago, preparing to leave for work.

He looked at himself in the mirror, his hair in a disarray, his eyes slightly swollen and his eyebags started to return. He may need to go back to the intake of sleeping pills. But he still looks handsome if he does say so himself.

What happened that night was both their faults. She fucking manipulated him into facing what he has been running away from, does she think that helps him? It only made him worse. He'll face his problems when he thinks he finally can. He doesn't need them to control his life! Just because they think it's good for him doesn't mean he can do it.

After a relaxing bath, he finally felt like clearing his head. He looked at his phone, bombarded by messages. He figured she did tell everyone by now, or they figured out on their own.

Kamado Tanjiro:

[Inosuke, why did you make another mess? You better clean this up or you'll end up with regrets.]

Ah, yes. Monjiro the ever shining beacon of ethics.

Agatsuma Zenitsu:

[Bro...]
[What made you do that? I wanna learn from Aoi.]
[But srsly. You've become so agitated you prolly need to get laid.]

Monitsu is too much of a bad influence. Better stay away from him.

Tsuyuri Kanao:

[Please watch out for stray bullets. You might die.]

And as if following her advice he suspiciously looked through the window. She might not be kidding and Shinobu and her hired a hitman to finally end him.

Shinobu Kochou:

[I understand what you're going through.]
[But, don't push people who only wants to help you. You're not a lone wolf anymore, Inosuke.]

He only chose to reply to Shinobu.

***

He tossed and turn but still he was feeling restless, he could jog but it's damn noon. What does he usually before she came crashing in his place again?