smaller than this ♪

Start from the beginning

But you still weren't satisfied with the body you saw when you looked in the mirror.

You couldn't see the visible ribs practically poking out of your stomach, or the way your facial structure became more defined from all the weight loss. The bags under your eyes weren't acknowledged either. You couldn't see how much it was taking a toll on you, all you were focused on was how low your weight was at the end of each week.

102 pounds.

You smile down at the scale, almost happy with the numbers. Your goal was one hundred, and after that you'd make a new one. A lower one.

Obviously all of this couldn't have been accomplished so quickly by just working out.

You stopped eating, too. Not completely, of course.

To make yourself feel better, you'd eat at least a salad everyday, maybe some fruits, but that was really it. You'd either pretend not to be hungry at dinner, or you'd eat, and then hide away in the bathroom after, getting rid of all the food in your stomach.

It was normal for you now. A routine, almost.

Ruel hasn't caught on to your eating habits, he just thought the working out, and the salads were you trying to be healthier. At least that's what you told yourself.

He hasn't mentioned anything, so he must not notice right? You hoped that was the case. You didn't need him worrying for no reason.

You were fine.

Ruel watches you from his spot on the couch with a small frown. He definitely had noticed. He saw how skinny your arms and legs have gotten, and even the way you suddenly bruised so easily. It was hard to miss. Your hollowed cheeks and pale lips.

He noticed how cold you were, all the time, and how you'd get these sudden waves of dizziness. You'd shake it off, telling him that it was nothing, but he didn't believe you for a second.

He didn't want to assume anything, but he started to realize that after every meal you two would eat together, you'd run straight to the bathroom. And he means every time. To him, that only meant one thing.

Ruel was scared. He was afraid to admit that to the you, but it was true. How was he supposed to confront you about it? About how abnormally skinny you had gotten, and how that has worried him.

He just didn't want it to be true.

The girl he loved, didn't even love herself, and that made him more upset than you could ever imagine.

But tonight was the night he decided he'd had enough. He needed to confront you, before it was too late.

He reaches out and grabs the remote from the coffee table, pausing the movie you two had started an hour ago.

You look up at him with a frown. "Why'd you stop it?"

He bites his lip, second guessing his decision briefly, until he scans your face and sees how much it's changed. "We need to talk."

You immediately feel nervous, as you stare up at him unsurely. "Okay..." You whisper, sitting criss cross and turning to face him. "About what?"