Stella resisted an eye roll. "Alright then."

"With the ball being hosted in the Governor's mansion, naturally, we're safe in assuming there'll be plenty of eligible bachelors there." Of course. The sisters knew this already. "This is your chance to make a name for yourselves. Find someone to court you. You'll have to be married eventually."

Simultaneously, the girls chanted their understanding. "Of course Father."

He leaned forwards, propping his chin up on his hand. "You could try with Emil."

Internally, Stella gagged. At least she had a reason to ward him away now. "Actually, Father... Emil Gerard is already smitten with Rebekah Mikaelson. I do believe that takes him off of the table."

"Right." He nodded, the name ringing a bell in his head. The name Mikaelson was respectable. "Shouldn't you both be going now?"

"We'll see you later, Father."

In their carriage, the sisters finally relaxed. They had to behave differently around different people. For example, in the presence of their Father, they had to seem like respectable, elegant young women. Alone, they could speak about magic and murder- the latter was a topic reserved for men.

"Are you excited Stells?"

Stella scoffed, her eyes focusing on the dark shapes blurring past outside of the carriage window.

"Why would I be excited to spend the night stubbing my toes and smiling at people I don't like? If I have to entertain the Governor tonight, I promise I'll put one of those spells I designed to good use."

She probably wouldn't but the threat was still there. Men simply didn't come worse than Mr Gerard. Stella was grateful for him in a strange sense. Without him, she wouldn't have been able to find a friend in the little Knight. Still, she hated him with every ounce of her being. The sooner he died, the better.

"I wasn't asking about that stuff," Mabel stated. "Maybe I should phrase it differently." She coughed, smirking into her hand. "Are you excited to see Kol Mikaelson again?"

"I don't care one bit about Kol Mikaelson. He's just another vampire."

She only knew four.

Still, her point was clear.

"I believe you Stells, really, I do." Mabel didn't believe her sister one bit. Like Eva, she'd taken notice of the girl's exposed shoulders. It was evident whether Stella admitted it or not that the younger witch was going out of her way to impress someone. "Are you going to save him a dance?"

Stella huffed, turning away. "I'm not talking to you anymore."

"Come on Stella, I'm just playing. As your older sister, it's my job to wind you up." When Stella pulled something out of a hidden compartment in her dress- a compartment she'd most likely added herself- Mabel's eyes widened. She didn't know what it was. A dark energy was coming from it. Whatever the doll was, it was teeming with power. "What's that?"

Stella shrugged. "Leverage." She tucked it away once again. "It's a doll I made myself, infused with Kol Mikaelson's blood. If I want to, I can use this doll to inflict harm upon him."

Mabel hadn't been expecting that.

Her little sister- making dark artefacts!

"Conflictingly, I'm proud of you Stella."

"Thank you."

The plantation house was crawling with people. Generally, it was the higher class of New Orleans. Fancy ballgowns and suits could be seen all over the place. With so many people present, Stella couldn't help but hope they'd get lost in the crowds where a certain someone wouldn't be able to find her.