Chapter 14: Jayden's House

Start from the beginning

I pulled my bag off my shoulder and unzipped the first pocket. There it is. It was the kiddy kind though. I smiled. It reminds me of the time when I bumped into him and bruised my knee; I had that unicorn and rainbow bandage on my knee. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have become friends with him. Well I hope we are.

"Are you okay?" I sat by his side and he nodded his head but once again he was still clenching on to his finger really tightly. I uncapped the Bio Oil and slowly applied some on the scar. He clenches his teeth.

"Hang in there." I said, as I applied more onto his finger. He nodded. I unpeeled the bandage from the sheets and paste it on to his finger.

"There, done!" I smiled and put my hands on my hips; admiring my work. The Spiderman bandage actually looks funny on him.

"Haha, do you like the bandage?" I stick my tongue at him and he shakes his head. Aw, he doesn't like it.

"You are unbelievable, Emily Johnson." He tries to bend his finger but his face instantly went pale. I frowned. I feel so bad for what I did, what can I do to make up for it?

"Is there anything I can do for you? You know to make up for it..." I asked. He looked up from his finger and shakes his head.

"Haha, I think you already did." His dorky smile flashes across his face. So was that why he was throwing basketballs at me? And yet I'm the one who's unbelievable? He's the one who's unbelievable.

"Still doesn't mean you can throw basketballs at me." I said and he smirked. He really is a guy full of surprises. I shake my head. How did this guy ended up in my life?

"Can you get the laptop?" He pointed to the silver laptop sitting on his desk. I nodded and walked over to get it. It even had little basketball stickers on it. Wow, Really? He must really like basketball. I mean love.

"Here." I placed it in front of him and he quickly turns it on. Hm, I wonder what he does on his laptop. I hope its not anything wrong.. Who am I kidding? Usually guys do things like this. I heard the sound of him logging on. I wish I have my laptop with me. I miss my laptop.

"So PowerPoint." his finger slides on the mouse pad and he gently clicked on the right button. He turned the laptop around for both of us to see. I couldn't see anything other then the powerpoint layout. I'm so tempted to see his desktop picture. I placed my hand on the edge of his laptop; waiting to touch that mouse pad.

"You can make the first slide." He smiles and gestures me to do so. I nodded. Hm.. How do I do this? I've only used the 2003 version for school purposes only, so I've never even touch the 2010 version before. How am I going to do this...? I lay my fingertips on the mouse pad. I've always had problems with electronics... That means I'm a failure in life, since I am a teenager.

"Jayden?" I ask him, He glanced over his shoulder to meet my eyes.

"Yeah?" he said.

"I don't know how to use it..." I muttered and he raised his eyebrow.

"And yet, you were the one who suggested it." He shakes his head. I pouted. How am I supposed to know he has the 2010 version?

"Well are you going to help me or not?" I ask him and he sighed. Is that a no?

"Here. Just press this." he leaned closer and touched my hand; his fingers leading mine. He moved the cursor across the screen and clicked on one of the slides. His fingers were so warm, it doesn't make things any better for me. I can already feel my body shiver from his touch. How can he look so expressionless? Even when he's lying on the bed with a girl? Wait. We're lying on the bed together! OH MY GOD. I did not notice that...