Plastic Bag

3 days later...

--------------

I was late home from school one day. Me and Danny were signing up for an after-school activity and we finally got in. When we got home, everything was quiet and had a weird aura around the house.

"Mom. Dad. Hello?" I said up the stairs. No reply.

"Wonder where they are. Where do you suppose they are?" asked Danny.

"No idea. Hope they're okay though" i replied feeling rather concerned.

Me and Danny went upstairs and put our bags in our rooms and then went to check our parents in their bedroom. But they weren't there. Nor was our little brother (Jake). We went to the kitchen to see if our parents left any notes but they didn't.

"Danny, I'm really worried. Mum and Dad would never go out and not tell us. And to bring Jake with them. I think they would know better".

"I suppose. I'm worried too. Maybe we could ask someone if they saw mum and dad leave the house".

"Yeah. Let's go" i said. And just when we were about to leave the house, a bullet was fired in our direction and it shot through the window, smashing it into a million pieces.

"Evelyn! Run!" shouted Danny as he made for the back door.

The neigbours heard the noise and immediately called the police.

---------

We kept on running and running down the streets. We looked back once in a while to see some guys chasing us and a few of them running in different directions. We ran and ran until we reached the police station. We were out of breath and when we got inside we just fell to the floor. The police officer at the front desk quickly attended to us and asked what happened. Danny told him what had happened and a report was filed.

 The police sent us home and when our parents didn't come home that night and the next morning, we once again went to the police station and filed about them gone and most probably missing. The police told us to sit down and he told us about what they found at our house yesterday during the inspection.

They found a letter that said

We have taken everyone. Because a secret they have not kept therefore a price they must pay. If you ever want to see them again, then you have yet to pay a price. You will know how and when to pay the price. We want it just the way we want it and in no other way. You will seek us and in return we will seek you.

                                                                                                                                                                 J.J.K

And that was it. We didn't know what else to expect but we knew that we are now alone. Just me and Danny. Chasing and chased for our family's lives.

---------------------------