"You could've used the door, you know." Gwen announced, her eyebrows raised at an awkward Peter. He widened his eyes like he only just realised something. "You doorman was intimidating." He said like it was the most casual thing.

    Gwen raises her eyebrows, "It's twenty stories." Peter shrugs his shoulders like it's nothing. "No, it was fine."

    Pulling her blue sleeves so that they covered half her palms, Gwen nudged her eyebrows towards the flower hanging from Peter's hands. "Who are those for?"

    Mae didn't notice the colourful petals posing in Peter's fist. Looking at them now, she raised her eyebrows questioningly, not only for its withered state, but also in curiosity of who it was for. "Uh," He started confusedly, using his other hand to pull some flowers. "Both of you." He revealed, stretching his arms in either direction as he presented both girls with the almost-dead flowers, a cheeky grin covering his lips. Mae chuckled as she took her share from him, a blush creeping into her cheeks. It wasn't strange since Mae had always, always been fascinated by flowers ( her father called her one too, saying she bloomed too much to just be human ). Mae impulsively inhaled it, expecting fresh aromas of flora bliss. All she got however was wet mud, looked like Peter wasn't good at maintaining fragile beings.

   "You could have taken care of them," She shows the flower to him, "Look how pitiful they look. I'm disappointed." 

   A knock sounds again, but thankfully it came from their bedroom door. Both girls turn to look at it anxiously, passing looks to each other. It wasn't like any of Gwen's parents would like a teenage boy sneaking into his daughter's room ( and also her friend who stayed there )after sunset. "Gwen?" It was George Stacy at the door, he opens it to let himself in before either of them could protest.

    He stares at the intruder in dismay, eyes sharp and his inky brows were contorted. Mae couldn't figure out whether the anger from his face came from his police instincts or his father ones. But as always, Gwen came to the poor boy's rescue. "Dad, this is Peter." Her dirty blonde hair swayed as she turned to face the lost boy who passed a short wave to her father. Gwen tried sounding as casual as she could about it because clearly, George was unhappy about his intrusion.

    "Peter." He called casually, but his voice sounded stiffer than usual. "Nice to meet you." He stretched his arms, his eyebrows bent in curiosity. Peter gleefully held the police captain's extended hand, although the elder was rather hesitant before giving it a firm shake. "Nice to meet you too." Gwen and Mae pass another look to each other, both sighed in relief. 
     "I hope you like branzino." George slightly chuckles, although it sounds intimidating to Mae. Peter shrugs his shoulders once more, "Who doesn't?" Sadly for him, Mae sees right through his lies.

   They head downstairs to the kitchen where dinner would be served. Gwen's mother was ten times more confused than her husband when she saw an unfamiliar face traveling down her stairs along with some of her family. She smiled confusedly before Peter introduced himself. She already knew that Peter would be arriving, although she obviously didn't expect him to climb into her daughter's window unlike normal people who would simply use the door. She didn't pry on it though, asking Peter and the rest to have a seat as she brings the branzino (a fancy name for just fish) to the table that was now ready to be served. 

    Peter awkwardly seats himself opposite to Gwen, next to Mae as Mrs. Stacy keeps her eyes on him ( as does George ) and he tries not to fidget too much. He picks up the knife when his plate is put in front of him and Mae watches in bemusement as he struggles to cut the fish, biting his lip.

   "You look like you're having trouble there." Gwen's mom notices, eyeing his plate with furrowed eyebrows. "Simon, why don't you go and help Gwen's friend?" The little blond boy snickers at his brother teasingly, and walks towards a perturbed Peter to help him with his dish.