2 : A World Without Weakness

CHAPTER TWO
━━━━━━ 🌻 ━━━━━━

CHAPTER TWO━━━━━━ 🌻 ━━━━━━

            Mae's house is, in short, a big cluster.

     It's only a homey villa with one floor, with the basement garage turned into an untidy science lab and the only neatness in the entire house has to be Mae's bedroom and it was only so she can prevent any kind of dust allergies. The family of four had more than enough space in the house to distance themselves, but considering how close they all were to eachother, distancing themselves isn't much of an easy task.

        Harry is looking at his younger daughter right now as she stares at the full-length mirror in her sweet scented bedroom, twirling around in her father's old lab coat and a plastic identity card hanging over her neck. A few baby strands of her honey hair decorates her forehead, but all Harry sees is the toothy grin she reveals at her own reflection.

       "You seem excited," Harry notes.

Mae twirls around at his remark, raising her soft eyebrows at him. "Why wouldn't I be? I'm wearing your coat from now on, I feel accomplished."

          Harry's forehead frowns, he walks closer to Mae. "Sweetie I've already told you, you don't need me to excel in your dreams one day. Be your own person, not your father's shadow."

          Mae takes none of that seriously, just rolls her eyes as she finds her way behind him and plopped over his shoulders. Her short legs hang shamelessly in the air. Looking at their reflection on the mirror, Mae grins. "I wouldn't consider myself successful if you had no part in it."

        "You say that like it would change my mind."

        "Well, it should." Mae chuckles, landing on her toes as she lets her hands loose from her father's shoulders. "I have a great father, the world should be aware of that."

     The smile Harry sends her after warms Mae's heart. A thousand lines are written on that smile. An expression of his immense pride on his daughter, an undying ember that wouldn't burn on touch. A reminder that since the moment she was born, he became a better, happier man. She is the best part of him, and that made his already unconditional love the strongest force on Earth. They are tethered to each other, nothing can break them apart.