Chapter 1: We love Mondays

Sometimes things don't go as planned, whether it be going to a mall and hanging out with friends, or giving a Demon a small child as a sacrifice. Yeah, Ash and I kinda fucked up her cousin there. We were high and started the wrong ritual, then when we killed her cousin she just woke up after like 2 minutes. We have her locked in Ash's basement, I'm hoping she doesn't escape and attack her brother or something.

"What the hell am I supposed to tell my Aunt? I can't tell her I got into black magic! We don't believe in that kinda stuff, she'll just think that I gave Lomi drugs and will probably do her own investigation and find out all the stuff we do and we'll be in major trouble! Arrgh, she almost found my books last weekend." Ash paced around a bit then sat down on the couch with her head in her hands, I could almost taste her stress.

Ash is a golden child, she's beautiful, kind, smart....in some subjects, and she's most known for being responsible. If her family were to ever find out what she actually does they'd probably disown her. I'm not really sure what I am, but I'm most definitely not any of those. I'm just going with the flow of whatever she does, I haven't found my calling yet, unless you call watching crime shows and snooping into what I shouldn't be a calling. My mom calls me a "teen detective" but it's not that hard to find out where your mom is going when she only goes to 4 guy's houses to play mommy to her other children, whichever ones are still alive at least. My mother is a whore, it's kinda obvious yet almost no one besides Ash knows. My other friend Travis either doesn't give a shit or is ungodly oblivious to it.

Travis is a misunderstood kid, he just wants some kind of praise but goes about it the wrong way. His home situation is shitty to say the least, abusive father and kinda neglectful mother. When his mommy and daddy issues become too much we have de-stressing sleepovers, where we do whatever we want whenever we want. Going downtown and watching movies at the good movie theater? Hell yeah. Going to the park to catch frogs and put tiny bows on them? Oh frick yeah. Going to the rinky dinky gas station and getting a Betty Crocker box cake that we won't even bake just to eat the batter? You got it. When he gets too angry and fed up with the world I'll just let him take it out on me, it's the least I can do for that little shit.

"Are you even listening?! I've been talking for the last 3 minutes trying to come up with a plan to fix this! I kinda expect you to help me!" Ash is waving her hand in my face, with a clearly distressed and somewhat pissy expression on her face. I feel my face heat up a bit.

"Oh shit, sorry, but we have this kid in your bunker of a basement we should be fine. You have the only key and no one goes down there anyways, if your Aunt gets too suspicious we'll drop Lomi in the woods somewhere and when they find her they'll think she went crazy or the church will sweep it under the rug like all the other crimes." I bring Ash to the kitchen and pour her a cup of water to hopefully calm her nerves for a bit. She takes it and downs it.

"Damn that's refreshing. And I guess that's a solid plan. I don't know how I could make it without you." She looks relieved.

"I don't know either." She kinda gasps and lightly slaps my arm. I give her a goofy smug look and laugh.

We stand in silence for a bit, I take her glass and wash it. We walk back to the living room and fix the mess that dragging in this probably demon child made. Ash picks the lock up from the corner of the room and puts it on the latch for the bunker looking door, then closes the other door and takes a key from her pocket and locks it. She nods toward the couch while she puts a rug over it, I lift up one side of the couch and she lifts up the other. We put it over the rug and the door.

"Do you think the kid will eat her way out termite style?" Ash looks at me,

"No, it's a room made out of some metal, I think it's like steel." She takes her shirt off and drags me down a hall.