thank you gift.

Life goes on. After making it on the news for a small story coverage, Jisoo took a break from the café and the casino - and just in time, too, for it was four days before the wedding. Not hers, obviously, but Bom's.

But first, she had to make it up to Jungkook, who awkwardly sat across from her in a nice restaurant - also known as Jack in the Box. He saved her, after all, even if she didn't know it was accidental and not well intended. Whatever , point is - he saved her, and she needed to make it up.

Unfortunately, Jisoo was not the richest person, and she was sure she was days ahead before she would get fired at the casino. She had been very much absent in attending, and she really didn't have the courage to use the "I almost died" excuse any longer. So, the pair would have to settle for a nice burger and fries.

Taking a sip from her orange juice, the female cleared her throat and fixed her hair behind her ear. "So, tell me about yourself"

Before Jungkook could even open his mouth to respond, Jisoo quickly added in an explanation, "I mean, we don't really know each other. Tell me about your parents, what you do, all that."

Jungkook paused for a second, lips pursing in thought. What did he like to do? Not much. Besides sleeping, everything he did was forced upon him by his inheritance and his role as the next heir. Even his bodyguard, who could obviously be seen standing outside the restaurant with his back faced against the pair, was forced on Jungkook.

"My name's Jeon Jungkook, but people call me Jeongguk sometimes, for short. Um ..", he trailed off, awkwardly scooting foward as he thought on how to respond, "My parents own a big enterprising company, and I'm the heir since I'm the only child. I like video games, I guess. And sleeping." His last words caused the small female before him to choke slightly, patting her chest harshly as laughter escaped her lips.

"Sleep? That's the best you have!?", Jisoo snorted, her laughter loud and attention grabbing. However, instead of feeling embarrassed as others would, Jungkook found himself laughing as well, seeing Jisoo's smile. He didn't know it himself, it seemed, because their eyes locked and glimmered, and for the time they stared at each other, everything was okay.

Eventually, Jisoo's laughter died down, but a gentle smile caressed her pink lips as she scooted toward to the table. "Alright alright, my turn! My name is Jisoo, obviously, and my mom's a stay at home mom, while my dad owns a grocery shop at my hometown. It's pretty cool, you should stop by sometime!", Jisoo pushed down her pink shirt, and Jungkook noticed how casual the two were dressed up.

 It's pretty cool, you should stop by sometime!", Jisoo pushed down her pink shirt, and Jungkook noticed how casual the two were dressed up

Now that he noticed, this was the first time he wore anything that casual with a girl around that wasn't payed to look after him

Now that he noticed, this was the first time he wore anything that casual with a girl around that wasn't payed to look after him. It was also the first time he hadn't payed for food - how had this all slipped past him? A grin showed itself on his face at realizing how comfortable the moment was. Just the two of them in a small place, eating burgers and drinking orange juice. It felt like .. a date.

His attention drifted back to Jisoo, who was blabbering on about how cool her dad was, before finally adjusting back into her words. "-and I like to sleep too!", Jisoo chirped in, chuckling at the joke.

Taking a big bite of her burger, Jisoo spoke yet again with a hand covering her mouth as she chewed, "You know, I thought you were in a gang or something. You always wear black, and that bodyguard of yours is scary. Also, people at casinos are weird."

Cocking up an eyebrow in amusement, Jungkook also bit into his burger, purposefully taking a big bite as if to challenge Jisoo. With his hand covering his mouth, Jungkook responded, "A gang? Pfft, as if. Casinos are fun to play with, and my bodyguard is pretty dumb, not gonna lie .."

Jungkook adored his bodyguard, really ; he even nicknamed him Mr. Grumpy Chung, since the man never smiled. But he always took things to a next level. Then again, Jungkook had him to thank for all of this, since him tackling Jisoo was the reason why they both met.

"He seems fun. I still have a bruise from the tackle, you know", Jisoo teased with a smirk, then proceeded to stuff the rest of the burger into her mouth. Naturally, Jungkook had little but no choice to do the same, and the two stared at each other in silence, chewing with all their might.

Fighting back the urge to smile, Jisoo chewed as fast as she could, but alas, Jungkook was the first to slam his fist against the table, indicating he was done.

Swallowing down the burger, Jisoo was quick to mumble out a "damn it!", grabbing her orange and sulky drinking as Jungkook shook his head from side to side mockingly.

Grabbing all her courage from deep down her stomach, Jisoo asked a small question with a calm voice, "Can we do this often?" Thankfully, she was met with a warm smile, and a calming response.

"Whenever you want."