Marinette had just transformed into Ladybug and saw the letter on the small stool on her balcony with a red rose. Knowing how late she already was, she picked up the rose and the letter and headed out to meet Chat.

Chat Noir was waiting for Ladybug when she showed up, along with a red rose and the letter he knew too well. His eyes glimmered at the sight of this girl he had fallen in love with, and the sight of the beautiful love letter within her hands.

"Hey, Chat!" Ladybug shook him out of his thoughts by greeting him.

"Good evening, M'lady. I see you have some mail." Chat smirked.

Ladybug giggled as she replied, "Looks like I do." She finished her sentence with a wink to Chat, which only made his smile turn into a grin.

"Care to tell me, Bugaboo?" Chat asked her casually.

Ladybug thought about it for a moment. He was her best friend, after all, she could trust him, right?

"Well, I've been getting certain love letters for the past few weeks...and trust me, they're amazing! These letters light up my world. And the boy behind this is one who I have fallen for." She explained, quite dreamy-eyed.

"Okk...question. Why aren't you dating him then?"

"Because Chaton, he's a secret admirer. I don't know the face behind these words. But oh, his words! They make me feel something no one else can." Ladybug continued.

Chat smiled, seeing the love of his life talk about something with such adoration made him fall in love with her all over again.

And that's when Ladybug noticed his smile, and her face scrunched up in confusion.

"Chat, aren't you taking this too lightly? I mean, you're okay with me loving someone else...and...you know..." She trailed off.

But Chat still smiled from ear to ear as he replied, "As long as you're happy, M'lady."
If only you knew, he thought. 

Ladybug turned to look away from him for a second, to think about his words. She really was lucky to have him in her life.

"Aren't you gonna read the letter?" He suddenly asked.

"Oh, yeah! I don't know though. You wouldn't mind would you?" She hesitantly asked.

"Of course not! Go ahead." He gestured for her to open the letter and read it out loud to him. And Ladybug at once opened the seal but was careful as not to rip the paper.

She cleared her throat as she began,

"My dear love,

I've been writing these letters to you for almost two months now, and yet I never reveal my name. The truth is, I don't know if I'm ready.

I see you every day, and you add the colour to my life. The day I met you was the most beautiful day of my life.

I feel like I know you inside and out, just by observing you, but yet I feel as if I know so little. My love, one day, I wish to know it all. Everything you like, dislike, your pet-peeves, your cravings, your favourite books and movies. Moral, I want to know you.

I wish one day, I'd be able to hug you and kiss you and call you mine. For I have a love too deep for you. And you would always be the girl I love the most.

Love,
Anonymous."

She sighed as she finished reading the letter to Chat, biting her bottom lip, pink dusted on her cheeks and eyes fluttering with intense emotions.

She looked up to see Chat smiling down at her, with sincere green eyes.

But she was taken out of her trance by Chat questioning, "He really loves you, huh? Any idea of who he is?"

Ladybug hadn't really thought about it too much, and so she hesitantly replied, "Honestly, I haven't thought about it too much. But I do have a hope on who it is."

"What if you found out it was me?" Chat said nonchalantly.

Ladybug blinked a couple of times before bursting into a hearty laugh, "Chat! Really? I would never pin you as the love letter type!" She said in between laughs.

Chat had joined with her and was chuckling while replying, "I'm kidding M'lady! But don't you want to know?" He questioned again.

Ladybug stopped laughing at his question. She would be lying if she said she didn't want to know. She did, heck she did! That's something she has wanted more than ever. But she knew she would only know when it's time.

"Well, yes. I do want to know. But my secret admirer would reveal himself when he feels he's ready. I just want him to know that I'm waiting for him." She softly answered with a shy smile.

Chat smiled again, and then got up to his feet, as he helped his lady up to her feet. "M'lady, as much as I wish to stay and chat with you forever, we have some jobs to do!"

"Yeah. Meet me after patrol Chaton! Bug out!" She called after him as she turned and swung around.

Chat watched her swing from building to building until she was out of his sight. Oh, how he loved that girl. And now he knew, she would love him too. The letters worked.

Before turning to leave Chat muttered under his breath, "One day, M'lady, one day. I'll make your heart beat for me. And I hope that day isn't far." And then he jumped on the other side of the roofs with a smile on his face.

But the spotted heroine had certain thoughts preoccupying her too.
"It couldn't actually be Chat, could it?" She questioned herself.

Perhaps now, she wanted the love letters to be from him. This talk with him shined some new hope in her heart. Or maybe, it had just inflamed a previous hope she had.

But, she thought to herself, I would love it if it's any of those blond boys. For my heart can't yet choose.