I get up & push him back down as he attempts to get back up. I clap my hands together & walk to the fridge. "One day you're gonna have to defend yourself," I tell Marcel, "getting him to apologize to you isn't easy."

"I never asked for a forced apology," he says, "you both do it to yourself. It's like any opportunity you have to beat the crap out of each other, you will take it."

"Hey, I was defending you," I assure him.

"I don't need you to defend me," he closes his book in frustration, "I can defend myself." Marcel grabs his books & takes them upstairs.

"Shit," Edward walks into the kitchen rubbing his arm, "what the hell is his problem?"

I give Edward the most blank stare, "are you serious?" I say as he shrugs.

Marcels POV

As I make my way into my room, I can't help but feel angry. I hate how small I feel compared to my two literal identical brothers. It's so unfair. Why did I have to end up with the insecurities, the introvert of the three. It's like I was made out of all the flaws & everything wrong from those two. It was all given to me. I will say, I was given 99% of Edwards intelligence, which I do pat myself on the back for, but man I wish I had his strength & his confidence. I wish I had Harry's unmistakably cool demeanor. They both bravely talk to girls, go on dates & attend every party. I'm lucky if I even say two words to a girl.

Despite looking exactly like them, no one ever seems to notice I'm there. If anything, it's the Styles twins, some people forget there's a third brother. I lack the charisma & eager to live life on the edge; whatever that means. I much rather enjoy tea with mom or a good documentary with dad — they aren't here forever, why spend it black out drunk in someone's lawn every weekend? I enjoy my time with my parents, who wouldn't?

"Marcel?" Harry calls my name.

"Go away," I say.

He knocks, "come on man, can I come in? Please."

"No, I'm busy," I shout back. I've given up on studying, I know the material already, I was just bored. I lay on my bed in search for my headphones to block out Harry continuously knocking on my door but I fail.

I walk up to my door to open it, "what do you want?"

"I just came up to say that I'm sorry I intervened again. I know you can speak up for yourself but I also knew Ed wasn't gonna stop until someone made him stop."

"So you don't think I have the capability to stop him?" I question, getting more upset than I already was.

"I'm not saying that.." he frowns, "I just don't like seeing him pick on you so much & well my defensive side came out. You're my brother too & I'm not going to just sit & let him bother you — especially when you're studying. I know how serious you take your studies, & clearly he doesn't understand at all; anything really."

I chuckle a bit, "yeah I know, but I do not think violence is the answer. You two have gone too far before, I want to avoid another incident."

"No, you're right," he agrees, "I won't get in the way again. I know you're capable of handling it yourself. I apologize again, you're the smartest of us all. You know what you're doing."

"Thank you for respecting my wishes."

Harry nods & starts walking away. Maybe being smart isn't so bad after all.

Edwards POV

My needless efforts to make Marcels life miserable are always interjected with Harry's stupid need to defend him any chance he gets. That or his only chances to pin me to the ground. I'm not worried, I went easy on him today.

I know I'm known to have a bit of a temper but I can't help it, this life hasn't been too kind to me. I don't think they understand the hell I've been through & that's because they really don't. I know our parents are filthy rich, but what good is it when they think you're a disgrace. When you're the black sheep of the family.

I'm not gonna lie, I dwell on my past. Did I learn? Abso-fucking-lutely not. I will also admit I enjoy pain, which is why my body is inked with all the unnecessary art. I do look pretty sick though, despite the looks I get from my teachers at school. I'm 18, I can do whatever the hell I want.

The only I like about myself is that I don't judge people. Yeah sure I pick on my brothers, but I'm jealous of those fuckers. One is fucking Albert Einstein & the other has the chance to play in the World Cup. What the hell do I got going for me? Other than being the family disappointment: nothing.

I play in a band & we aren't awful but when your attorney fathers dissatisfaction of his son wanting to be a musician & not a fucking scientists like Mr. Calculators over there, it's complete shit. Makes you feel a bit worthless. So why even try? It's too late for me to be like you dad, you fucking pansy.

I've never gotten along with that man. I've always felt like he's held so much hatred for me. My brothers think I'm a lunatic for thinking that but what do they know? So yeah maybe I give Marcel a hard time, but what about me? Harry is literally an angel in the eyes of everyone & Marcel is going to invent the cure for cancer, I know it. Will I ever tell him that? Fuck no — but I know he's capable.

The only person who really understands me is my eldest sister, Gemma. She hasn't been home since she went to study abroad so my temper has been easily triggered since she's been gone.

"Hey," I say through the phone.

"Hey you," Gemma laughs, "I was wondering when you were going to call?"

"Is 1am not a good time?" I laugh.

"It's a great time actually," I hear the sound of keys being placed down, "just got home actually. Went out to the pub."

"Ohhh don't tell me you're taking up the slangs over there now? Where is my sister?" I joke.

"She's right here & shes feeling a bit tipsy, can I call you tomorrow?" She says & my heart kind of sinks a bit.

"Yeah no problem," I lie, "be careful. Love you."

"Love you baby brother, talk to you soon." She says before hanging up the phone.

Sometimes I wish she wasn't so far away.