⭒Thirty⭒

Vada

"Vay" a voice startled her.

"What, Jaden" she turned, crossing her eyes at the boy, "what do you want?"

"Y-"

"Why do you think that you can control me?" Her jaw was set, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm not trying to control you-"

"Yes, you are" she spat, "and the fact that you don't see it shows me a lot" she told him, shaking her head and turning back around as her toast popped out.

"I just don't see why you'd ruin something so perfect" he said, walking closer to her and placing his hands on her hips.

"Don't touch me right now, Jaden" his hands stayed put for a few seconds before he slowly removed then, stepping back. At least he still had that respect for her.

"Why are you mad, babygirl?"she bit her lip, the nickname that usually filled her with butterflies made her feel like bugs were digging her skin.

"I'm not your object, Jaden" she spread the cheese spread on to the toast, "you can't decided what goes on, in or what I do with my body"

"I'm not trying to Vay" he told her, starring at the side of her face.

"Then why can't I get a tattoo?" She challenged, looking towards him finally.

"You're perfect, just the way you are"

"So if I did get a tattoo you'd think it devalued me?" She asked, cocking her head, "would you stop this," she pointed between them, "if I got one?"

"What?" His eyebrows furrowed, "no! Why would I do that?"

"Then why do you care?" She asked, trying her best not to shout.

Jaden licked his lips, standing straight up and sighing. His hands were in his grey sweatpants pockets, his eyes looking straight over her head. His jaw was set, like he wanted to lash out but didn't want to hurt her.

"People have been trying to control me my whole life, Jaden" she told him, swallow deeply, "my father, Ryan, everyone...I can't live like that any more...I won't" she whispered lowly so only he could hear her, fearful that the boys' ears were pressed to the door.

"I don't want to control you, Vay" he looked into her eyes, "I never want to make you feel like I'm controlling you, I don't want you to live like that" a tear fell from her eye.

"I just want to live..."

He nodded, pulling the small, seemingly broken girl, into his body. Squeezing her in his arms as he felt a few more tears reach his bare chest.

"You can get a tattoo, babygirl, right now come on" he said, pushing her back lightly and wiping her tears away with his thumbs before kissing her forehead.

"I don't think I want a tattoo" she admittedly, looking down, "I just didn't want to be controlled"

He laughed, shaking his head at her.