"I just feel as if it is my fault but I should've been there with you, I don't want you to feel like you are completely alone in this, Em. You have me, you will always have me, yeah?"

"Of course, Gwen. I only have you, I kind of sound like some pathetic loner, but I know I can only rely on you." Emmett smiled to himself.

"Good, it's what I like to hear. When you'll have a boyfriend, I'll be sure to rub this fact on his face." Gwen chuckled at that thought.

"God, no! That is a bit too far-fetched, isn't it? I am never having a boyfriend in this complicated mess of a life, ever." He exclaimed as he pressed his phone to his shoulder whilst rummaging through his backpack for his favourite water bottle.

"Never underestimate life, young apprentice," Gwen called out in a sing-song voice.

"Noted, Yoda! Now, may I have a little water break or you'd like to tell me something else, Ma'am?" He rhetorically asked before sipping from his canteen.

"Yeah, yeah. So, where even are you? Didn't you say that your aunt lives nearby or something?" She wondered out aloud.

"No, she doesn't. She lives in Leicester and I live in Dundee if you haven't yet noticed." Emmett responded as he zipped his bag shut, before lugging it over his right shoulder.

"Geez, no need to be so sarcastic, I didn't know. Seriously Em, where will you go?" Gwen couldn't help but get concerned.

"I will find a place, my neighbourhood is mostly safe so I am not that worried and it'd only be for a night." He shrugged whilst aimlessly walking and wandering.

"That is not at all reassuring. If only I could help you somehow..." She trailed off with an exasperated sigh.

"Gwen, please! You don't have to take responsibility for my actions, I'd find a way, eventually. Just, attend your open day and focus on selecting a uni, I know how much it means to you." He reprimanded.

"But, Emmett, it is not fair. I just don't like to think that you're abandoned by your own parents and brother."

"Don't! Thomas isn't aware of anything and I prefer it that way." He couldn't possibly do this to Thomas.

"I understand but I wish there was another way, and that reminds me, you need to preserve your phone battery, could you do me a favour and check it now? I don't want to lose contact with you amidst this mayhap." She urged.

"All right, hold on!" Emmett told her as he pushed some buttons on his phone screen.

"So? Did you see it?" She called out after some time.

"Yeah, surprisingly, it's at ninety-five per cent so we're good!" Emmett squinted at the luminescent screen.

"Oh, that's great, Em. Just text me whenever you can, especially after finding a place to crash in for the night, I'd be waiting." Gwen ordered.

"I will, good night, Gwen."

"Sweet dreams, Emmett."

Emmett exasperatedly sighed, as he stood in the midst of the desolated street, he was unable to decipher anything, especially when he thought that he had mistakenly heard the drizzling sound of lightning. The scintillating natural scent of a premeditated shower-stream, especially in Emmett's home city, Dundee, was too common to be a hassle. Instead, Emmett adored the mystical mist in the month of May, since he enjoyed Scotland's summer tide, a stark difference from its frosty wearisome winters but for now, it was a blunder, he was homeless and rainfall would do him no good, he was sure.

"Oh, not now, please, please!" He begged relentlessly before frantically looking for a place, something that could be his shelter, a safe-haven per se, for the night. It was then that he saw a nameplate, on the opposite side of the street, beckoning him to take his deserved refuge, as he forcefully dragged his luggage, seemingly fixated on self-prevention, and nothing else.

As he crossed the sidewalk and entered into the structure that was inherently, a park, something that he wasn't quite aware of, before, he paved his way towards an opening of some sort, since he couldn't see it clearly, he followed his instincts and came to an abrupt stop when he thought he had reached somewhere. Dusky revenant of the outlying symmetry of a place unusual, he shuddered at the thought of all that could be well concealed by the grey milky clouds scattered closely in the sky, when he finally approached an oldfangled mess of a bench. Not properly looked after for a refreshing place such as this, he was glad that he hadn't expected too much.

For next few minutes, he held his breath whilst wishing wistfully for the thunderstorm to cease. The bench was not of much help, even though Emmett was able to safely prevent his belongings from getting drenched, he couldn't say that about himself. Since the bench was surrounded by a makeshift shed of some stone walls, particularly painted in graffiti and artistical designs, Emmett could only hope that his necessities wouldn't be so unfortunate like him.  The establishment deemed to be old, there were visible leaks, it was too hard to see, too dark to be free, too lost to be found ever again, he seethed.

He unclenched his fists before unleashing an agonising cry for help, he was astounded to hear the intensity of his own voice, begging to be saved, somehow. It was useless, he knew but what if, it wasn't? Maybe someone would come for him, they could very well be his parents or Thomas? He couldn't just give up, how could he?  He was too much of a coward to think of just giving up, this was not who he was, he analysed. 

"Just do it, Emmett. Give up, admit the truth, even if it is not what you need, it is what you have, it is all that you have now, can't you see that?"

He couldn't, he refused to do that. Before he could further implore his mind to shut it all out, Emmett was sweetly interrupted.

                                                    ↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯

Author's Note- Hello all! Look who's back with another update of The Fourth Wind? This human! Okay, so let me clear somethings for you, the scene at the beginning of this chapter was a flashback, hence it was italicised if anyone was wondering. I hope that you are all doing well, amidst such unforeseen circumstances, I know that these are hard times but we will get through them, we surely will and Wattpad offers that much needed safe haven that we crave, so do not lose hope, yeah? Well, that is all from me, I will see you all in the next chapter. Please don't forget to vote and leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. :)