Chapter 11

“Only the winner survives?” I asked, shocked.

“I’m sorry, Katlick,” Pita said. “There can be only one.”

“Do you realize what this means?”

He shook his head. “What?”

“I have to hump you like my life depends on it,” I said. He seemed happy to hear me say it.

“Katlick,” he whispered. I could hear the emotion in his voice. “What I said during the interview. . . about being in love with you.” He looked to the ground. “I meant it.”

It felt like my heart stopped in my chest. The whole time I had been thinking about Gavin and Pita was in love with me.

“Forgive me, Gavin,” I said.

I fell into Pita’s arms and started kissing him. His lips pressed against mine and I heard him moan. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him tight. I felt his hands slide to my bottom and he gave me a little smack.

“That’s what I’m talking about,” Ryan Seacrest shouted. “Shit just got real folks. What’s your thought on this, Fudgepickle?”

Caesar Fudgepickle cleared his throat. “I think the fans have been waiting for this moment. Star crossed lovers. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them take the lead in the vote count if they get their freak on.”

“Let’s get back to the action,” Seacrest said.

“Katlick,” Pita breathed in my ear. “You have to make this count. The world is watching. Give them a good show.”

I pushed Pita as hard as I could. He fell backwards and landed on the ground. I saw a flash of fear in his eyes and it excited me. I jumped and landed on him. He was squirming underneath me. I ripped his shirt off while we wrestled.

“What are you doing?” he shrieked.

I smacked him across the mouth. “You’re my bitch now, Pita.”

His mouth hung open in shock. I started pulling at his pants.

“I didn’t expect you to be so aggressive,” he said. He gently lifted my shirt. When he finally managed to pull it over my head, he stared at my breast like a moron. I smacked him again.

“Pull yourself together,” I said.

The cannon went off. We both stopped and looked to the sky. A picture of Rabbitfoot floated above us.

“Rabbitfoot has been eliminated,” Seacrest said. “It appears she’s disqualified for mortally wounding a tribute while humping.”

“Right,” Fudgepickle confirmed. “It’s unfair to kill your partner while humping.”

“What a freak,” Pita mumbled. No doubt.

“Back to business,” I told him. I was straddling him and began kissing him all over his body. From the way he panted, I guessed I was doing a good job. He explored my body with his hands and we were both breathing heavy. I couldn’t wait any longer. I reached for my pants.

“Ugh,” he sighed. I froze.

“What?” I snapped.

“Sorry,” he whimpered.

“Pita?”

“It’s not my fault. I got really excited.”

I stood up. I wanted to cry. This couldn’t be happening.