Chapter One: A Mystery

It was a bright and sunny day in Yellowstone National Park, and I was just waking up from a long nap in my beautiful meadow. The bright sun burned my eyes, but they soon adjusted and I could see again. I lifted my head and I could hear a hare hopping in the distance as my stomach growled hungrily, and my ears flew up on the top of my head to hear it more closley. I though, oohh... that sounds really good.. So I decided to actually get up and go kill it. I stalking it slowly until it saw me, its eyes wide, and ready to run. I narrrowed my eyes and smiled a beautiful set of white glittery teeth. My deadly black fur attracted the sun and made me bake in it's brutal heat, but I didn't care. I pounced just at the right time and sunk my deadly jaws into the hare's tiny neck. Ha!! Whose laughing now?!! I though, and laughed softly. I began eating the hare in my little moment of sweet peace in my meadow, then all of the sudden I heard something shaking the trees nearby.

"Who is that?" I asked nervoulsy. The shaking didn't stop, and there was no reply. I began to panic. I thought Ok... um.. what should I do? Do I run away?? Or stay here? What if they kill me? I began to panic even more as something stepped out of the shadows of the forest that surrounded me, a wolf.