one

"now, love, I'm going to change the names of the people in the story so then you don't know who is who, okay?"

"then how will I know which one is daddy?"

"you'll know, trust me."

"it started when I had just moved to new york, I had come here for a very important promotion..."

---

harry stepped foot off the plane, feeling incredibly tired and disgusting. he made his way outside of the airport after grabbing his luggage and called a taxi. "I hate jet lag so much." he muttered, entering the cab.

"where to, sir?"

"uh, the Empire Hotel."

"ooh," the cabbie said. "fancy."

harry laughed awkwardly. "yeah."

---

jonah groaned. "can we just get to when you started work?"

harry rolled his eyes at his daughter. "no, this is important."

---

after harry's extremely tiring and awkward cab ride, he had made it to the hotel and had checked in, going up to his room.

when he had realised, that he had forgotten his coat.

he groaned, knowing the taxi would be long gone now and then proceeded to unpack his bag, also knowing that he was in new york city and could probably buy a coat anywhere he went for except, let's say, mcdonald's.

he smiled when he came across the picture of his high school sweetheart, and the love of his life, james. harry set the frame down beside his bed and then put all his clothes in the drawers.

"there, all done. now all I need is to hang up my suit for tomorrow's first day on the job and I'm set."

and so he did hang up his suit for tomorrow's first day on the job.

and while he was hanging up his suit, he never knew that tomorrow's first day on the job would change his life forever.

[a filler oops I'm sorry, at least he's in new york already, right? PLEASE GIVE THIS SOME LOVE!]