TUMBLE

I had walked around to the other side of the tower to let Sarah and John B have their moment. I listened to the incoming storm as I spaced out and thought about all that had happened tonight, what my parents died for.

I jumped out of my place when I heard footsteps walking up the stairs. Sarah and John B were in the middle of an intense macking session, too busy to hear what I heard.

"I knew it, Harper," it was Topper who had come topside of the tower, "I knew you were lying to me." I could tell the boy was heavily intoxicated as he swayed side to side in his place. I was shocked, to say the least, why was Topper saying my name, he couldn't even see me from where I was.

"Topper," Sarah jumped away from John B in surprise.

"You're a stupid, lying whore. Why do I keep trusting you, Harper," Topper seethed out. I was stuck in my place, shock taking over. Sarah looked towards me in shock as well. John B stepped forward in front of Sarah, blocking her from Topper's view.

"Topper, stop, man," he reached out to steady the boy.

"You stop, man," Topper shoved John B away from him.

"Tell him to back off, 'cause I'm about to beat your fucking ass...," Topper continued looking around John B at Sarah, who he thought was me.

"Walk, man. Go home. Go home," John B tried to further de-escalate the situation. I think we could all tell that Topper was not in his right headspace. I'm unsure what he's thinking at the moment, but we knew it wasn't good.

"You know what I'm gonna do," Topper stumbled forward, "I'm about to drown you like your old man." What the fuck.

"Quit it."

"Stop." Sarah moved forward to get in between the two.

"Tell your bitch boyfriend, back off, Harper," Topper screamed in the girl's face. He shoved her to the side, giving John B a force filled shove. I watched as John B hit against the railing and it caved under his weight, as he fell backward.

"Shit," Topper whispered as I finally ran forward. The boy looked between Sarah and me in shock, "What the...,"

"Sarah..., Harper...," he gasped at the sight of us.

"Holy shit, Topper what did you just do," I yelled. Topper's mouth gaped like a fish out of water.

"The railing must have been rotten.I hardly touched him, okay? I barely...," the boy stuttered out as he looked between the two of us. Sarah took off running down the stairs as I looked at him, not knowing the man in front of me.

"He lost his bal...," I cut him off before he could continue, "Stop!"

"What the hell, Topper," I ran my hands over my face, "you... you pushed him." I turned away from the boy, running down the stairs to see Sarah and the rest of the group running over. John B was groaning in pain as Sarah cried over him.

"I don't know what to do. He needs help. Topper shoved him," Sarah stuttered out at the group, I stood farther back, fear and anxiety taking over as I silently cried.

"Where the hell is he," JJ asked, anger written across his face as he turned between the two of us. He noticed my demeanor, moving his way over to me, pulling me between his arms.

"Please," I whispered to the boy.

"Please, please get help. I don't care who. Just call someone," Sarah pleaded with the group. Pope quickly ran off as John B's eyes started to slowly close, only increasing the outpour of tears within the group.

"Please don't leave me," Sarah whispered to the boy.