Shattered hearts

It had been 6 and a half years since they started dating. Lewis and Nicole had got back together a few months ago and they were both loving the new comfort of their relationship. Lewis had promised to try for a kid, after avoiding the discussion for so long, and Nicole had promised that she would be patient with Lewis as he was 7 years younger than her and at a different stage of his life.

The year had been great for both of them. Lewis won his first F1 title in 6 years, while Nicole released her new single. After the crazy time they had both been through in their relationship, it was good for both of them that there was plenty of success coming their way.

Christmas was great for them. They even spent Christmas with both sides of the family. And Nicole was really trying for this baby. She did everything she could. Having sex while standing, checking her fertility window and all that kind of stuff. This would be what would solidify her and Lewis' relationship.

Then things started to go wrong. Lewis got cold feet about getting a baby. Not that he didn't want one, but he realized that he wouldn't have time for his baby, given that he had such a hectic work schedule, since finding time for Nicole was already difficult enough.

Nicole was having absolutely none of that. Lewis had promised to try for a baby and that is what she wanted more than anything else in the world. She and Lewis started fighting again, and their fights were always about the same thing, why Lewis didn't want to commit to Nicole. She felt played, and wasted.

Truth is, even though Lewis loved Nicole, he had never been able to get over the trauma of his parents' divorce. He could still feel the pain that he felt when he would watch his parents fight. He had sworn to himself that his children would never go through such pain in their lives, and the only way to do that was to ensure that he and Nicole had a stable relationship before getting a child.

Lewis had never been able to tell Nicole about it. He could never trust her enough to open up about his deepest pain, because all Nicole would talk about was that Lewis had 'commitment issues'.

Nicole got tired of waiting for Lewis. She realized that she had a better future with someone else. Someone who would commit to her for the rest of his  life. Someone who she could have children with. Someone who she could trust, and most importantly someone who would love her as much as she loved him. And Lewis was not that person.

That night at Nicole's apartment in London would be the last night they would spend in bed together. And they both decided to make it special. They let their bodies connect with each other for one last time. Lewis ensured that he left some lilac marks on Nicole's skin that would remain there for some time. Nicole even filmed an after sex tape with Lewis.

Seven years of their lives were gone. Just like that. It had all come to nothing. All the effort, the hard work, and the love that they had put into this relationship was for nothing. Seven fucking years.