Part 1

D.B. Russell placed his investigation kit on his desk. He opened up the silver case so that he could make sure, for about the third time, that everything he needed was inside. He always made sure that he and his team followed the rules very carefully. He was what he would describe as meticulous in his work, although the others seemed to think he wasn't quite as scrupulous as the previous night shift supervisor, Gil Grissom. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing as everyone in the Las Vegas crime lab seemed to have been very fond of Grissom. He could only hope that the team would feel the same way about him as their supervisor one day. 
He looked down at his case once more. Paper bags, sterile swabs, tape and brushes all had their own separate compartments and he could see that each one was full and neatly stocked.
"I'm not sure we'll even be needing those where we're going" Russell could hear a familiar Texas accent from behind him. He turned sround to see a tall, dark haired Nick Stokes standing in the doorway of his office, silver metal case in hand.
"Well, you know how it is. Best to arrive at our crime scenes prepared for anything" Russell said as he picked up his kit and case file and followed Nick down the corridor of the crime lab.
"Any idea why we're even being called out for this?"
Russell looked down at the case file that he was holding in his hand "I guess they just think it's a bit strange you know? A telephone box seemingly dumped in the middle of Mount Charleston, and what makes it stranger is that it looks like an authentic old time police telephone box."
"Where would anyone even find one of those around here? Nick asked
"At the moment?" Russell looked up from his file "Nowhere, except the top of Mount Charleston.